ANY new info on 710 contract?

710 steward

Every time I think you've posted the dumbest comment, you continuously come up with yet another post that tops your last. You need to take a withdrawal card and find new employment in a local under the National agreement. Your naïve and ignorant comments are an embarrassment to 710. I feel bad for the people in your building who ask you the simplest of questions.

So am I to believe that you are of the opinion we should have different rules than the rest of the country? If so please explain in detail why you feel this way. This should be simple for you to articulate your thoughts because your intellect is far superior to mine.

710 steward

Every time I think you've posted the dumbest comment, you continuously come up with yet another post that tops your last. You need to take a withdrawal card and find new employment in a local under the National agreement. Your naïve and ignorant comments are an embarrassment to 710. I feel bad for the people in your building who ask you the simplest of questions.

Slant

Where are you buddy? I am still waiting for your explanation on your above statement. I asked you to explain yourself and if you are trying to say 710 deserves a better contract than the National. If you are going to call me out you better stand up and explain how you are right and where you believe yourself to be right. There is a saying in life, put up or shut up.

Last edited:

710 steward

Now is that an example of proper retirement management?

Let's face it. The vast majority of people employed by UPS is looking at 60 more than they realize. The days of being under 55 are almost all but over. The uncertainty of the health insurance alone promises this.

Let's face it. The vast majority of people employed by UPS is looking at 60 more than they realize. The days of being under 55 are almost all but over. The uncertainty of the health insurance alone promises this.

My job is cake. I'm high enough in seniority to take any job I want. My management team knows ill do my job if they leave me alone so they do. What will get me to leave will be when I'm tired of driving to work and yes possibly the insurance.

slantnosechevy

So am I to believe that you are of the opinion we should have different rules than the rest of the country? If so please explain in detail why you feel this way. This should be simple for you to articulate your thoughts because your intellect is far superior to mine.

After endless rants about how you're getting screwed on pension benefits you turn around and make a comment on how you'd prefer to have even less? You really are a maroon. If you need it explained to you further? You are a complete maroon.

710 steward

After endless rants about how you're getting screwed on pension benefits you turn around and make a comment on how you'd prefer to have even less? You really are a maroon. If you need it explained to you further? You are a complete maroon.

What???? When did I ever mention I'd like less? Could you please quote that part and point that out to me?

If you honestly believe you are getting more from 710 than you are the maroon my friend. Currently $401 a week into the fund and no raise in sight. If you had the ability to comprehend you'd realize that this kind of compensation would make you a millionaire in less than 25 years. Keep celebrating a pension that will soon be less than 50% of your current salary.

slantnosechevy

What???? When did I ever mention I'd like less? Could you please quote that part and point that out to me?

If you honestly believe you are getting more from 710 than you are the maroon my friend. Currently $401 a week into the fund and no raise in sight. If you had the ability to comprehend you'd realize that this kind of compensation would make you a millionaire in less than 25 years. Keep celebrating a pension that will soon be less than 50% of your current salary.

By joining the National and voluntarily giving up autonomy. You need to re-read your statements. Mean what you say and say what you mean. 710's autonomy, or what's left of it, was fought for by fellows a lot stronger and smarter than you. Yes, I do believe WE all are getting more from 710. The security created by the leaders of 710, past and present, is obviously taken for granted by a few idiots as yourself. You are a fine example of the term "dumbing down the workforce". The company loves guys like you.
As far as the pension, maybe you could name the companies who would pay their truck drivers or other full time employees what you make let alone contribute to a pension, health, and welfare plan. Try and get that money elsewhere.... 710's plan is paying for several retirees who are living longer and never had funds paid into the fund on their behalf equal to today's costs. Many have spouses who are collecting long after their husbands have passed. The fund is in the lower 80% and is ranked one of the best in the country. There are federal laws regarding increased payouts. You need to read up on those laws so that you don't continue to look like a fool. If the plan moves into the lower 90% look for a increase.

jpf75

I think its time we put the company on notice!! so they will get back to the table!! it will be a year in august.

jpf75

that's funny! my point is the company and the union are at a stand still, I think its time for the union to make a move. to get the company motivated to schedule talks. as for up upstatenyupser last time I remember there is nothing written in stone that says 710 will be in teamcare!