Any not-so common advice for qualifying?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Run, skip lunch, come in a hour and half early, sort your entire truck. Get the make model of your management team cars to be on the lookout for observations. Don't hit anything and don't do any dishonesty stuff
Skipping your lunch and recording it in the board as if you took one is dishonest.........just saying

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
The qualifying situation is bs anyway. I hate that they made it that you have to get a sales lead to qualify. Before, it used to be just the managers say.

Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do for a 100k+ job
Sometimes you gotta do what ya gotta do for a 100k+ job
Number one your advice sucks

You run or go too fast you make too many mental mistakes, doesn't matter if you are a rookie or a seasoned veteran

Nobody goes into the package car, unless it's to out your personal belongings in it.

Even management here agrees with that.

And if someone tries to sort their truck out before the scheduled start time.

Guess is going to blast his ass out of the truck???

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
Number one your advice sucks

You run or go too fast you make too many mental mistakes, doesn't matter if you are a rookie or a seasoned veteran

Nobody goes into the package car, unless it's to out your personal belongings in it.

Even management here agrees with that.

And if someone tries to sort their truck out before the scheduled start time.

Guess is going to blast his ass out of the truck???

Must be nice to be in a sweet center /building. Its a jungle where I'm at. If you don't master the sense of urgency, you won't try the job. That's the atmosphere here. And we need drivers bad in a center in my building. They're short like 14 drivers because the Manger is a dick this year, I got 5 of his drivers and another 9 went to other centers.

Must be nice to be in a sweet center /building. Its a jungle where I'm at. If you don't master the sense of urgency, you won't try the job. That's the atmosphere here. And we need drivers bad in a center in my building. They're short like 14 drivers because the Manger is a dick this year, I got 5 of his drivers and another 9 went to other centers.
We are short handed here also
That not my problem that they won't hire or qualify people
It's going to be a long and disasterous peak

Whither

Scofflaw
Was/is seasonal this summer on a training route. Dont want to get too much into detail for obvious reasons. Been told I'm the front runner for a 22.4 bid seniority wise but still need to qualify. have had opportunity all summer, but assuming I haven't, or my center manager and steward wouldn't say that.
They said they will train me for it after labor day but still need to qualify.

Supe said my goal should be 130 stops a day( toughest route in center, lot of pick ups/peices)
I have gotten close to the 130 mark(most was 128, but I had to have someone take air off me so it could make shuttle, bad bad pre loader. 126 or 127 was the most I think I've done without going to the air wing/coming later than 7ish.

Been asking for a lot of advice from drivers that qualified(while back I assume) on the route which has helped. But still feel like I'm not quite fast enough.

Any lesser heard advice that anyone can offer?

I qualified on a tough route. If I had followed Orion, it would've been demoralizing. You gotta get the bulk stops off early as possible, open space to work. It's tempting to do the same with irregs, but I'd say work around them as much as possible unless it's convenient to get 'em off your package car. Once the bulk comes off, you can usually stash irregs on the floor.

If you're allowed (or, in my case, encouraged) to sort before start time, customize your load ASAP. Most of the time you won't need EDD released -- sort your air first, then you'll be able to move the ground to the 1000 shelf. Obviously, be careful and don't have late air. And don't work off the clock once you've qualified.

Don't waste much time digging for packages ... if you know you'll be coming back by a commercial stop before it closes, it will usually save time to swing by later.

Ask for more resi stops if you're not getting them.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Why not skip lunch if you want to qualify

They've been making our new drivers have to run 5-10 days of scratch while taking their full hour lunch. Checking to make sure they aren't doing anything on their lunch. I feel bad for them trying to qualify.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Don’t skip lunch. Sort during lunch. Make sure you eat something though. Don’t chat up the customers and walk at a fast safe pace.

Btw any route that’s a Training route isn’t the toughest. So stop patting yourself on the back rookie.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Why not skip lunch if you want to qualify
Let’s see, you skip lunch you work yourself to the ground. You start making more mistakes trying to hurry up etc. especially if you are in a very hot area like here you need a break to cool down or the 100degree weather will murder you. We have “kids” trying to be tough and passing out left and right from dehydration and running. If this jobs means that much that you would risk your personal health for it then hell go for it I guess. A 15-20min lunch will make a big different when you can stop eat replenish your strength and go back at it. But what do I know.

Saca La

What is it?
Let’s see, you skip lunch you work yourself to the ground. You start making more mistakes trying to hurry up etc. especially if you are in a very hot area like here you need a break to cool down or the 100degree weather will murder you. We have “kids” trying to be tough and passing out left and right from dehydration and running. If this jobs means that much that you would risk your personal health for it then hell go for it I guess. A 15-20min lunch will make a big different when you can stop eat replenish your strength and go back at it. But what do I know.

I didn’t say don’t eat anything. Eat snacks while sorting. Drink water. I simple said to skip your whole hour lunch if your trying to qualify cause that would only slow you down. But everyone is different. It worked for me though. I started taking my full 1hr lunch and 10 min break after I qualified though.