Any other PVDs having issues with the phones?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
I guess hours vary by location. I usually finish my assigned route by around 6:00 or so and then the center lets me stay and help as long as I want. I’ve pulled a few 13 hour days already. Anything after eight hours is overtime so I try and hit at least that every day. I’m with you - for an eight week job, bring it on.

This is a bit unrelated but just out of curiosity, how many stops and miles are you averaging a day? Are they having you do neighborhoods, rural, or a mix of both? Just curious to know how other locations are managing PVDs.
I deliver only an average of 65 stops so far and around 100 packahes. All of the stops are residential neighborhoods.
I don't go to the center to get my load. A driver drops a pile in my driveway at a little past 10AM. This makes for a late start. My only opportunity for more work is when I get done late and ask for more. Only got another load 2 times.
Anybody can deliver in their own personal car. Even my grandpa can do it.
How's that? I drive a Subaru outback. Climbing in and out of this low vehicle is literally the hardest part of the job so far.
Why are seasonals even allowed In this forum?
Why not?
You're afraid of the truth and believe in censorship???
If you don't want PVD's to be here don't read the posts. Simple

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Dude the last thing I'd want in this world is to be a RPCD. I get to sleep in until 10 and whip around in my car thumping rap while I deliver. The boss had me drop a few extra packages that came in late from the center with an RPCD and he just about beat me up because they were out of his way. He glanced at the label and I believe his exact words were "You've gotta be absolutely g0d damn :censored2:ing kidding me". Y'all seem mad stressed I just wanna work a little seasonal gig and jerk around after that.
Sorry about your cranky coworkers, most guys bring their personal life to work and they get cranky cause they can’t make it to little timmys ball game! TOO BAD ITS A JOB
RPCD IS THE BEST JOB IN THE WORLD
✊🧔

DriverNerd

I did 60 packages and 80 miles in 7 hours how is that? Genuine question. And that's with an hour of app issues and on my first day.
Serious answer for residential routes only: There's a lot of variables about how much can get done in a day. Rural guys do about 60-80 stops in 7 hours (way more than 80 miles). City routes that are densely packed a driver could do 180-200 stops in that same 7 hours (way less than 80 miles). We don't measure our day based on pieces delivered, but on stops. Delivering two envelopes to one house is completely different than one envelope to two different houses.

I guess hours vary by location. I usually finish my assigned route by around 6:00 or so and then the center lets me stay and help as long as I want. I’ve pulled a few 13 hour days already. Anything after eight hours is overtime so I try and hit at least that every day. I’m with you - for an eight week job, bring it on.

This is a bit unrelated but just out of curiosity, how many stops and miles are you averaging a day? Are they having you do neighborhoods, rural, or a mix of both? Just curious to know how other locations are managing PVDs.
This was my first year as a PVD. I had a full size Express van. I was taking 125 stops + (normal manifest) at week of Christmas. Then going and helping other drivers still buried in stops. So I would be in city areas to very rural. Then I was given routes in various surrounding towns. The manager asked if I wanted to become a driver and get my browns. Just had my DOT physical today and road test is next week. No package handler first straight to a brown truck. None of the drivers I worked with ever gave off any bad vibes. All were helpful on what was the best way to do it for that route etc. Many were helpful in my decision to join the team. Most were happy they could go home to their kid or one of the sports event. My one usual driver even tipped me one time and was super thankful. I havent seen or experienced this animosity at my location