Any Package Dispatch Supervisors Here?

johnbuck

What are the job responsibilities of a Full Time Package Dispatch Supervisor? Obviously it is to work on dispatching drivers but what are the day to day activities? What are the hours If there are any out there reading this, do you like the job?

rod

Retired 22 years
johnbuck--run away from that job like there is no tomorrow. I can't think of a position at UPS where you are set up to fail more than Dispatch Sup. The drivers will hate you and your management buddies will use you as an excuse every time the numbers don't come in in their favor.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
johnbuck--run away from this job like there is no tomorrow. I can't think of a position at UPS where you are set up to fail more than Dispatch Sup. The drivers will hate you and your management buddies will use you as an excuse every time the numbers don't come in in their favor.
Spot on

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not bad for someone who wouldn't know what a Dispatch Sup even does (never had one that I know of). The job title reeks of failure.
It's essentially a no-win job. Someone is always going to hate you. If you make dispatches light, drivers will love you, management will hate you for wrecking the numbers. If you put the dispatch more towards what management wants you're ending up with a crap ton of 9.5s and wondering if your tires will be slashed as you leave.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You sit in an office and give drivers impossible tasks then eat donuts the rest of the day. And yea the part about nobody liking you is true

Catatonic

Nine Lives
johnbuck--run away from that job like there is no tomorrow. I can't think of a position at UPS where you are set up to fail more than Dispatch Sup. The drivers will hate you and your management buddies will use you as an excuse every time the numbers don't come in in their favor.
Yep ... should add SG to their title.
ScapeGoat.

TxRoadDawg

cant forgot when center manager that thinks you should come in at midnight then sit through a planning meeting all afternoon. free lunch isnt worth the lost sleep or bull:censored2:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Wow all you guys know everything about the job, yet you have never actually worked the job...typical UPSers.

dudebro

Many IE people, even in this day, did the job. But this is when some idiot says if he/she didn't do it for 45 years like Harry Balls in my center, they still don't know the job.