Any Package Dispatch Supervisors Here?

Dr.Brownz

Many IE people, even in this day, did the job. But this is when some idiot says if he/she didn't do it for 45 years like Harry Balls in my center, they still don't know the job.

They did it for 5-10 years back in the day when things were different. You have to consider that in their prospective on the job.

Steamtrain

What are the job responsibilities of a Full Time Package Dispatch Supervisor? Obviously it is to work on dispatching drivers but what are the day to day activities? What are the hours If there are any out there reading this, do you like the job?

I do the job and i love it!

Steamtrain

Do you think that there will be a time when dispatching is done from a central location?

I don't believe that will be possible, you have to be able to know the territory in order to be good at the job. In order to learn it, you have to talk to the drivers. Communication is key. However, i do think there will be a time when a dispatcher won't be needed. I see DPS/Orion auto Dispatching in the future. Possibly a dispatchers job will evolve, one the autodispatch is done, we come in and fix any errors or by exemption, closures for example. I see dispatching from a central location happening if a dispatcher gets a new building, then the previous dispatcher can net op in and help out.

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
I'm a ft pds, and there are days I love it and days I hate it. I also run the preload. I work 12+ hour days 4 days a week and I work at least 3 hours on Saturday or Sunday this time of year. Everyone's posts about someone always hating you are correct. It's not a job for someone with thin skin. I highly recommend finding a dispatcher with experience to talk to, also an on-road ally. The hours are tough, but I love dispatching. I love seeing a route with crap trace run smoothly after I've put the work in.