Any1 know the top rate pay for a parttime unloader/sorter in ohio?

If your a sorter or preloader hired prior to 1982 its 29 something or a buck less for unskilled. After 1982 your rate is based on years and what contract you are under so there is no top rate for after 1982 hires.

UPSGUY72

You will never reach it so don't worry about it there is no progress as a PTimer. After the first couple of years you will only get the semi-annual raises. Just think of it as there is no limit to how much you can make an hour. But you will always make less than the guy that has been there longer than you.

JonFrum

If your a sorter or preloader hired prior to 1982 its 29 something or a buck less for unskilled. After 1982 your rate is based on years and what contract you are under so there is no top rate for after 1982 hires.

The "extra dollar" in the National Master Agreement for preloaders and sorters didn't start until 7/2/82 and only applied to New Hires from that point foreward.

Nimnim

The Nim
The "top PT rate" question has been asked a million times with the same answer, I figured a new answer was called for. ;)

Fair enough, just made me wonder since I heard second hand coming into work today about a conversation on the previous sort about a $15 top out under the new contract. Couldn't find anything so perhaps someone read this and got confused by the joke. ^_^

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Fair enough, just made me wonder since I heard second hand coming into work today about a conversation on the previous sort about a $15 top out under the new contract. Couldn't find anything so perhaps someone read this and got confused by the joke. ^_^

gotcha