Anybody have problems with their trucks this peak?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Nope, I didnt get one of the "new" trucks from another center.

They gave us a truck last peak that would die 4 or 5 times in the morning while trying to get out of the building but was "fine once you get going" in the words of my sup. That truck would regularly need 30 seconds or more of holding down the green button to start.
Not sure how well that would work in a UPS truck. I had to do that in my own personal vehicle once.
Sounds like the glow plugs are not working.

barnyard

KTM rider
I had to write something up and I talked to the mechanic and he had me pull it in right away. He had tires that were on order and a short list of things that he was waiting to do when the tires came in.

The wagon I have could use a little stronger heater, but other than that, I am liking the new P800 that I have.

iamupser

Grease Monkey
The driver I'm with has had some problems with the PC not wanting to start at times. Sometimes it won't pop open the door either. So he ends up using the remote. Also at one point he had some problems with the horn. He just pried the cover off dumped some water on the contacts and wiped it off. The horn works fine now.

Sometimes the bulkhead doors need a Fonzi hit.

WorknLateHuh

lost all brakes... scary. 10 minutes prior to that helper had to come off car from injury. Good times.

Later in the day, the green overtime light comes on, and they asked me if I could go help another driver... lol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My jumper seat belt required a stick person, be my helper. I kept getting big people jumpers. One guy 300 pds, with a sz 4x jumper coat was so fluffy he just couldnt get it on. I asked mechanic for seat belt extender. His answer, slimmer helper on order. Which would have been funny if it were true.

ManInBrown

I had a terrible one a few peaks back. Old 10 cube with power steering. Drove fine. Old style lap belt. I had to pull on it 5-10x every single time. It kept getting kinked up or caught. Drove me nuts. Mentioned something about it to the mechanic to see if he could do anything. He just laughed. I took that as a NO

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
I had a terrible one a few peaks back. Old 10 cube with power steering. Drove fine. Old style lap belt. I had to pull on it 5-10x every single time. It kept getting kinked up or caught. Drove me nuts. Mentioned something about it to the mechanic to see if he could do anything. He just laughed. I took that as a NO
I had that happen with the jump seat seat belt. Thankfully the next stop was a signature required one. So while the driver was handling that stop, I was unkinking the seat belt.