Anybody heard of Access Point?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I think it would be good to offer it as like a MyChoice option. If you're not home when the first attempt is made or it couldn't be DRed, it automatically gets redirected to the AP. We have customers who get sick of coming out to the center to get their stuff. Make it like the last stop right before pickups start. Customers are close to their pickup location and we have less send agains. Win win.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I did and it makes sense. Proprietor signs for the packages thus releasing UPS from any and all liability. Driver leaves 10 or more stops at one delivery point. Sounds like a win/win.

It would work for MyChoice stuff, but I had an indirect delivery to an apt office where the mgr just piled them up in a common area with the postal stuff. One tenant had a pkg taken and UPS paid the claim.

I'd think some businesses might just do the same thing. Pile it all up along a wall and then let customer's just go pick out what they want. If they have their own customers to tend, 50¢ is not much incentive to protect someone else's pkgs.

capt42

We've been using that system in our center for awhile. Not alot of packages get moved to an access point but may get more in bay area or sac. NorCal here.