anyone ever clean your diads

Coldworld

60 months and counting
just curious how often, if ever, you all clean those germ magnets called your diad? If you do, what do you use? I personally enjoy having customers sneeze, cough, smoke, etc, on that thing...its quite disgusting.

outta hours

I personally enjoy having customers sneeze, cough, smoke, etc, on that thing...its quite disgusting.

That is why I wear leather work glove year round. Keeps me from getting sick. I have not had one cold or flu, or anything of the like since I began wearing them three years ago. I started wearing them on the advice of my Doctor. I am not a germ freak but you must admit we deliver to some pretty nasty people. On the cleaning question I do carry Clorox wipes and clean the DIAD myself when it needs it.

satellitedriver

When it gets wet in the rain, I wipe it off with my sweat towel.
Cooties don't scare me. My germs are stronger than their germs.
I do, sometimes, clean the grime off the alphabet keys, so that I can see them.

We have a spray bottle with some kind of cleaner inside, then wipe it down with those soft tissues made for cleaning eye glasses. We are supposed to spray the battery contacts before putting them up at night.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I usually clean the keys on mine about every other day with a wet paper towel. It will also get a good cleaning all over about once a week. I have seen some DIADs that are very nasty, they are grimy and look like diesel fuel is smeared all over them. I can't believe some drivers hand these things to customers.

filthpig

I guess I give mine the once over every week or so. I deliver to a hospital and Dr's. offices so I wash my hands a lot. And if you think your germs are stronger than staph, take a toke off of this number: We had a driver about 7 or 8 years ago who got a decent cut on his hand while working. Not bad enough for stitches, but pretty bad. He developed a staph infection that went from his heel to his hip. He was in the hospital for about 3 months with his leg laid open from it. Almost killed him. Wash your hands. Take care of cuts. Don't be a maroon.

WyoBrown

just curious how often, if ever, you all clean those germ magnets called your diad? If you do, what do you use? I personally enjoy having customers sneeze, cough, smoke, etc, on that thing...its quite disgusting.
I like a clean diad, mostly so I can see the thing. Mr Clean's magic erasers work great! Not too worried about germs, I figure with all the dirt we ingest every day our immune systems are hardier than most. Good advice about covering cuts, take no chances there.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
I use those disposable glass wipes with alcohol. Great for cleaning the keys and the grime off the glass. Don't forget to clean off the stylus too.

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
I spit on the screen and wipe it off with my sleeve everytime some maroon writes on it in ink. Other than that, just the daily drop into a water puddle/snow bank (depending on the time of year) seems to keep the dirt off.

Cementups

Box Monkey
they have a big bucket of wet-wipes in our center to clean our DIADS with. I usually just spray mine down with window cleaner or something at one of the stops on my area and wipe it down good. Looks good as new.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I work feeders, and I wipe down the computer with a wet one, and clean the tractor too (I do not have a specific one yet) as I have to spend a lot of time in it. It is for myself and all that see the condition of the unit itself.

Mike Hawk

I had a guy bleed on a diad once, got the sig and booked it back to the truck and as I was about to type in the name I noticed it, pretty disgusting. Good thing it was just the helper diad.

trickpony1

Does anyone carry Lysol spray or Lysol wipes?
I carry both because I am forced to use a telephone to call in my trailer numbers.
This phone gets handled by numerous drivers within a 5 hour radius drive time of my location. (and everyone wonders how the flu gets spread).
I'll go back to my hyperbaric chamber now.