Anyone having similiar problems with your benefits?

rod

Retired 22 years
in the west if you retired before last contract your ups plan becomes your supplement when you turn 65 for spouse and yourself, plan includes dental vision and medical the premeium remains the same at 300 for your spouse and self, it also last lifetime and when you die the spouse is still on the same plan for lifetime their premeium will be reduced to 150.

Never count on anything (except death and taxes) "for life". Central States shot the "for life" theory all to hell.

The Milkman

hun
in the west if you retired before last contract your ups plan becomes your supplement when you turn 65 for spouse and yourself, plan includes dental vision and medical the premeium remains the same at 300 for your spouse and self, it also last lifetime and when you die the spouse is still on the same plan for lifetime their premeium will be reduced to 150.

Hung it up 1/1/08...at age 65 we had no plan like that back east. would of been good to have but since I retired seems you can't really count on anything you are told when you retire. Things changed for many of us when the last contract passed. I heard that some locals do have that option, too bad it's not nationwide for all of us

Pismo Bill

hun

Hung it up 1/1/08...at age 65 we had no plan like that back east. would of been good to have but since I retired seems you can't really count on anything you are told when you retire. Things changed for many of us when the last contract passed. I heard that some locals do have that option, too bad it's not nationwide for all of us
i retired in 2009 our premium was $50 after last contract it went to $300

upsmanami

Just wondering because the last 2 times I went to my doctor he wrote me some scripts that go to our mail order company Express Scripts. I have been on these same meds for about 10 years, now they are telling me that according to "Their recommendations" that I am taking too many and they won't fill for the same amount monthly that I have been getting for years. I talk to my doctor and he shakes his head wondering why? He said others have no problems and the dosages I am on are on the lighter side of strength. I have had a couple of long talks with the folks at Express Scripts and told them I don't want THEM telling me what or how many pills I should take daily. I told them that I thought UPS was ordering these denials and that I want my doctor to tell me what is good for me not UPS. So I had to lower the monthly amount for them to fill it after 2 scripts were cancelled. My wife takes the same exact meds as me and she no longer is on my benefit pkg as she turned 65 a while back, her mail in pharmacy fills hers no problem? Go figure. So next May when I hit 65 I will then switch to her plan and start getting the script's filled without the runaround. Also I have been getting some dental refusals for routine dental care. I know some locals do not have dental but again claims that were paid are now being denied, when in the past there was never a problem especially with the dental benefits. I am beginning to wonder if UPS is just trying to squeeze us retirees and telling Aetna to tighten their grip on us. So again tomorrow I will be on the phone with Aetna again asking them what is going on? Even in retirement UPS still makes it difficult on us one way or the other. Again folks it seems this past year it has been getting worse. Can anyone relate?

The Milkman

i retired in 2009 our premium was $50 after last contract it went to $300

I was also paying $50.00 monthly. Mine went up for myself, now $150 a month, then $200.00 come January. This is just for myself as my wife hit 65 a couple of years ago. I am off this upcoming May when I hit 65.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was also paying $50.00 monthly. Mine went up for myself, now $150 a month, then $200.00 come January. This is just for myself as my wife hit 65 a couple of years ago. I am off this upcoming May when I hit 65.

Plus the deductibles went up and they will stick you will other charges too. Not that bad but definitely worse than it was.