Anyone here ever work for Amazon or know someone that did?

possibleparrot381

I'm a package handler at UPS been one for 10 months I was curious what it's like at Amazon. Their application process is weird they don't even care about a resume or really an interview. When I was done it gave me times for today to come pick up my badge and show ID and whatever it's supposed to be a 30 minute session. If I didn't have a job already I'd appreciate the no standards but I'd like to find out more about the place. They pay a little better the insurance is so so and they offer more hours. It's probably more or less the same job I'd like to think it'd be a little easier I very rarely pick up a heavy Amazon box. Just wanted some thoughts if anyone had experience with them. I miss the union but I've never been fired from a job so I'd like to think I wouldn't be fired here lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm a package handler at UPS been one for 10 months I was curious what it's like at Amazon. Their application process is weird they don't even care about a resume or really an interview. When I was done it gave me times for today to come pick up my badge and show ID and whatever it's supposed to be a 30 minute session. If I didn't have a job already I'd appreciate the no standards but I'd like to find out more about the place. They pay a little better the insurance is so so and they offer more hours. It's probably more or less the same job I'd like to think it'd be a little easier I very rarely pick up a heavy Amazon box. Just wanted some thoughts if anyone had experience with them. I miss the union but I've never been fired from a job so I'd like to think I wouldn't be fired here lol
You planning on staying part time forever

Box Ox

I hear you might get an email that you're fired if you take a piss, don't meet an arbitrary performance metric or have been working for them for longer than they'd like.

Leaving UPS for Amazon when you don't have to would be a mistake unless you're just trying to make some money on the side. It's not a good career move and they'd have you by the balls from day 1.

possibleparrot381

I hear you might get an email that you're fired if you take a piss, don't meet an arbitrary performance metric or have been working for them for longer than they'd like.

Leaving UPS for Amazon when you don't have to would be a mistake unless you're just trying to make some money on the side. It's not a good career move and they'd have you by the balls from day 1.
I've never been fired before so I don't see that happening but I have thought about it. Union protection is nice but I'm not the one who needs it. Why I want to leave is different hours and more hours the pay just happens to be better.

Box Ox

I've never been fired before so I don't see that happening but I have thought about it.

There are lots of stories of hard working people like yourself who thought the same thing and were fired by Amazon for no good reason. If you're ever planning to do things like support a family or apply for a mortgage it's just not a great idea.

possibleparrot381

There are lots of stories of hard working people like yourself who thought the same thing and were fired by Amazon for no good reason. If you're ever planning to do things like support a family or apply for a mortgage it's just not a great idea.
That's a shame. I do see a lot of openings at the fulfillment center which is probably a horrible sign. I know it's not fun work but it can't be that bad. I know I'd have to care about their stupid numbers and rates unlike here.

Box Ox

That's a shame. I do see a lot of openings at the fulfillment center which is probably a horrible sign. I know it's not fun work but it can't be that bad. I know I'd have to care about their stupid numbers and rates unlike here.

Yep. Totally get where you're coming from though. My wait for a FT slot to open up was not a good time.

possibleparrot381

Yep. Totally get where you're coming from though. My wait for a FT slot to open up was not a good time.
I don't really want to drive and I especially don't want to be a supervisor so I kind of feel like I'm wasting my time here. Really I've only stayed because of spite for my a****** managers. Even with our small little hub I've seen people get promoted to driver within a year so that's good for them. if it doesn't work out with Amazon I don't really think I want to stay with UPS anyway it's hard work for this early af time we come in

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don't really want to drive and I especially don't want to be a supervisor so I kind of feel like I'm wasting my time here. Really I've only stayed because of spite for my a****** managers. Even with our small little hub I've seen people get promoted to driver within a year so that's good for them. if it doesn't work out with Amazon I don't really think I want to stay with UPS anyway it's hard work for this early af time we come in
Go on over to Amazon so you can continue
living in moms basement smoking weed and playing COD

Box Ox

Sounds like Amazon does make sense for you then.

542thruNthru

I've known plenty of people that have worked for Amazon. As much as you think you don't need the union, you have no idea how much it's actually protecting you right now. Amazon's production standards are off the charts and many people are let go or quit with in a few months because of it. UPS would be the same way if it wasn't for the union.

Amazon I believe also more than doubles the amount of injuries than any other company. So much so that there was a article online that Seattle actually had to change it's work comp insurance laws because they were screwing every other company in the area.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Sounds like you don’t want to work much

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

“South Park” had an episode on working for Amazon a couple of years ago...you want to take a gander...

Jeff Bezos was characterized as the butt head aliens from the very first “Star Trek” .. funny as hell...

The Hub Zombies was another winner...👍