Anyone listening to their iPods while delivering?

menotyou

bella amicizia
All the new package cars have power hookups under the dash, but technically you aren't supposed to use them for a personal radio. I do it anyway. The mechanics here pulled the fuses to prevent unauthorized use. I replaced it. There is a small blade-type fuse holder located on top of the battery near the positive terminal...pop the cover off, insert blade fuse, replace cover, done.
Any boom-box or portable radio that uses 8 batteries can be hot-wired into a package car. 8-1.5 volt batteries= 12 volts. All you need to do is to connect your negative wire to the last negative coil spring in the battery compartment of your radio with an alligator clip. For the positive connection, you drive a small screw into the first positive plate, and hook the positive wire to that with another alligator clip. Drill a hole into the batery cover to run the wires out of, and connect them to the positive and negative power points under the dash. I spent $30 on a cheap radio and spent about 10 minutes with some wires, electrical tape and roach clips to set it up. Its way easier than hassling with rechargeable batteries. Next time I bring my radio home I will post a picture.
If you have an older package car with no power points under the dash, look over the bulkhead door. If you have a 3 way switch up there for your light, the middle post on that switch is always hot. Clip your positive wire to that and the negative to any metal surface in the truck. Another method is to find a hot terminal in the fuse box and tap into that. Or, if you drive a hitch car, follow the wire from the trailer brake controller under the dash and onto the firewall where it connects to a circuit breaker that you can hook onto.
Whatever you do, make sure you remember to disconnect everything before you clock off!
If you graduated in the 80's and DON'T know what these are, you wore a pocket protector.

nocturnalbuck

being a cover driver i need a light portable sound machine. radio shack has pocket radios for about 15 bucks that fit real nice in the cup holder and only take 2 or 3 AA batteries. in the newer vehicles you can hear it pretty well especially music that you are familiar with. in older vehicles you hear it during the stops which is fine since i just need SOMETHING to break up the day.