Anyone Notice...

vantexan

...that James Oberstar lost his Congressional seat? He's still in until January, any chance lame duck Congress will pass FAA bill?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
...that James Oberstar lost his Congressional seat? He's still in until January, any chance lame duck Congress will pass FAA bill?

I commented yesterday that Fred's probably one happy camper right now. A Republican House combined with a Democratic Senate and President equal gridlock and an effective end to any threat to his RLA deal. No EFCA either, thanks to impotent Democrats who squandered the entire first 2 years of Obama's term. Add-in the dysfunctional Hoffa and the IBT and Fred is off the hook. To say I'm disgusted would be an understatement.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The Senate acts they they could give a rat's ass about the whole thing. And care even less about doing the right thing. They've taken more recesses than anyone should be allowed to, leaving piles of unfinished business. We elected that sorry bunch to do a job they failed miserably at.

vantexan

Not sure on the date but thought bill was to be voted on Nov. 30th. Probably last chance for it to happen. If they shelve it again I doubt I'll see a union while I'm still with the company and it looks like the pay situation will only get worse.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not sure on the date but thought bill was to be voted on Nov. 30th. Probably last chance for it to happen. If they shelve it again I doubt I'll see a union while I'm still with the company and it looks like the pay situation will only get worse.

Pretty depressing. I listen to both Left Wing and Right Wing radio, and the talk is that there will be a big push for Democratic agenda items prior to the Republican takeover of the House. But it's just talk, and given the extremely weak performance of the Democrats while they had a majority in both houses, and the absolutely worthless Teamsters, how's it going to happen? Obama is already talking compromise.

However, Fred must still have his panties in a wad because the Brownbailout stuff is still running non-stop, even here at the BC.

bbsam

Staff member
Pretty depressing. I listen to both Left Wing and Right Wing radio, and the talk is that there will be a big push for Democratic agenda items prior to the Republican takeover of the House. But it's just talk, and given the extremely weak performance of the Democrats while they had a majority in both houses, and the absolutely worthless Teamsters, how's it going to happen? Obama is already talking compromise.

However, Fred must still have his panties in a wad because the Brownbailout stuff is still running non-stop, even here at the BC.
But Fedex Watch isn't. Guess it's becoming more and more clear why.

Broke

I commented yesterday that Fred's probably one happy camper right now. A Republican House combined with a Democratic Senate and President equal gridlock and an effective end to any threat to his RLA deal. No EFCA either, thanks to impotent Democrats who squandered the entire first 2 years of Obama's term. Add-in the dysfunctional Hoffa and the IBT and Fred is off the hook. To say I'm disgusted would be an understatement.
The sad thing about all of this is that Senator Rockefeller, a democrat has been the one not allowing it to come up for a vote, Word is, the bill had bi partisan support except for the Tennessee delegation and would have passed easily had Rockefeller told Reid he was ready to bring it up. I have alot of contacts in the know and this is 100% accurate, although it is hard to believe. Our only hope now is for progressives to call Rockefeller out on this so we can have a vote before Dec. 31st. Hopefully, we can pull it off for ourselves and Mr. oberstar.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Worthless teamsters......and you want join?

As worthless as the IBT is, they are a far better choice than Fred S. It's kind of like a choice between George W. Bush (the IBT) and Satan (Smith). Yes, Bush is an idiot, but he's a better way to go than Satan (Smith). Get it?