GOP Rep. Michael McCaul calls Tommy Tuberville’s military promotions blockade a 'national security problem'

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

He never has cared one iota about the military or their service or wellbeing.
20220826_113830.jpg

Next Day Err

Milley himself talked about it so it's not a matter of hearsay or someone's interpretation. If Trump had withdrawn from Afghanistan the way Biden did y'all would be screaming bloody murder. Always with the Trump blaming while covering up for crooked Joe.
I think the withdrawal from Afghanistan was close to a disaster if not an actual disaster. But we’re out now. The band-aid has been ripped off. We already had lost.

vantexan

I think the withdrawal from Afghanistan was close to a disaster if not an actual disaster. But we’re out now. The band-aid has been ripped off. We already had lost.
We didn't lose. We determined it wasn't worth staying there spending a lot of money. The Afghan Army lost with help(or lack thereof)from Biden.

vantexan

We never had a fully fleshed out plan. No president ever had one. That’s the definition of a failure and a loss to me.
We stopped fighting there in pretty much 2014 if I remember right. We gave air support and training to the Afghan Army. And Trump said we shouldn't be there spending $2 billion a month.

Thebrownblob

We stopped fighting there in pretty much 2014 if I remember right. We gave air support and training to the Afghan Army. And Trump said we shouldn't be there spending $2 billion a month.
He did say that, Why didn’t he have an orderly withdrawal, instead of leaving it to the senile commander-in-chief?

vantexan

He did say that, Why didn’t he have an orderly withdrawal, instead of leaving it to the senile commander-in-chief?
It was negotiated to happen during the spring planting season so that there would be very little fighting going on. I'm guessing Trump assumed he would win re-election and would oversee the withdrawal. But Biden came in and threw out about everything Trump had done. Put the withdrawal in the summer fighting season and withdrew air support. Trump was also preoccupied with the pandemic.

Next Day Err

I agree with you that Barrack Obama was a failure to our country.
He wasn’t a failure in my view. He presided over the deletion of Osama bin Laden and got us out of major Iraqi engagements.

Afghanistan lingered and continued to be a problem. We never had operational security of that country. 10 min after we departed our enemy took over. Kind of the definition of failure.

vantexan

He wasn’t a failure in my view. He presided over the deletion of Osama bin Laden and got us out of major Iraqi engagements.

Afghanistan lingered and continued to be a problem. We never had operational security of that country. 10 min after we departed our enemy took over. Kind of the definition of failure.
We most certainly did have operational security in Afghanistan. By about 2007. Most of the Taliban had fled to Pakistan. The Afghanistan/Pakistan border isn't like our southern border. There's only narrow corridors through a few passes because of the mountains. One in particular has a highway. The Taliban started coming back through that pass. That wasn't on donkeys and camels. Caravans of trucks. The U.S. knew they were coming in. And let them. This was reported a few years ago by Lara Logan. Highly respected journalist who used to be on "60 Minutes." Then she started saying this stuff outloud. She had spent years in Afghanistan and had cultivated relationships with the most powerful people in the country. That's how she learned what was going on. There absolutely was a plan. Perpetual war.

Joe Biden deserted $85 billion worth of equipment. How is it that there was $85 billion worth of new equipment in warehouses in Afghanistan? The defense contractors were making tons of money producing this stuff for Iraq and Afghanistan. We would still be in Afghanistan maintaining the status quo if Trump hadn't come in and looked at the expenditures and said it's too much. It's time for the Afghans to stand on their own. This is why he was hated by the generals in the Pentagon.

vantexan

He gets offended when I point out that he makes stuff up as he goes along and pushes his opinions as facts lol.
I'm pointing out what those in power are saying. What respected journalists are saying. If it goes against what the favored Leftist narrative is saying then you attack it. You don't point out the fallacies. You just attack personally. Try to discredit anyone who isn't pushing the narrative.

Fact is we were in Afghanistan for 20 years. Fact is we drove the Taliban out. Fact is with our satellite technology we not only were able to watch the Taliban come back in but we did nothing to stop it. Fact is we eventually turned over the fighting to the Afghan Army. Fact is we not only were giving the Afghan Army billions worth of supplies as well as pay for their soldiers but we built up a surplus of tens of billions worth of new equipment in warehouses there. Fact is Joe Biden withdrew air support for the Afghan Army before we left which allowed the motivated Taliban to swarm over the entire country while the unmotivated Army, used to being protected by our Air Force, fled before them. Fact is that all the things that liberal Democrats say they care about, like equal rights for women and gays, are longer happening in Afghanistan.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The United States Army is the most powerful army in the world. Let that be a warning to all those on the right who want to go to war against this country.
Thts because the majority of the budget s shifted to the air force and navy.It was recognized that having boots on the ground is becoming archaic as the modern war is increasingly being fought with superior air and naval power .

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I'm pointing out what those in power are saying. What respected journalists are saying. If it goes against what the favored Leftist narrative is saying then you attack it. You don't point out the fallacies. You just attack personally. Try to discredit anyone who isn't pushing the narrative.

Fact is we were in Afghanistan for 20 years. Fact is we drove the Taliban out. Fact is with our satellite technology we not only were able to watch the Taliban come back in but we did nothing to stop it. Fact is we eventually turned over the fighting to the Afghan Army. Fact is we not only were giving the Afghan Army billions worth of supplies as well as pay for their soldiers but we built up a surplus of tens of billions worth of new equipment in warehouses there. Fact is Joe Biden withdrew air support for the Afghan Army before we left which allowed the motivated Taliban to swarm over the entire country while the unmotivated Army, used to being protected by our Air Force, fled before them. Fact is that all the things that liberal Democrats say they care about, like equal rights for women and gays, are longer happening in Afghanistan.
Fact is regardless of who held the presidency the Taliban ( that the great republican God Ronnie Raygun created) was coming back to take over. It was Saigon 1975 all over again

vantexan

Fact is regardless of who held the presidency the Taliban ( that the great republican God Ronnie Raygun created) was coming back to take over. It was Saigon 1975 all over again
The Taliban was to be held in check by our air support for the Afghan Army. Biden closed down Bagram Air Base. And they would still be in Pakistan if Obummer had closed down that artery into Pakistan. Perpetual war. It's what the Democrats, and Republicans, who are in bed with the military/industrial complex and Wall Street want. It was Trump who got us out of Afghanistan. What was Biden going to do, insist on staying there and throw the withdrawal out? If it resembled Saigon it was because the mumbler in chief screwed it up.

vantexan

Thts because the majority of the budget s shifted to the air force and navy.It was recognized that having boots on the ground is becoming archaic as the modern war is increasingly being fought with superior air and naval power .
Yah, it only has 472,000 members as opposed to 319,000 each for the Navy and Air Force. Israel is demonstrating why we need boots on the ground right now.