Anyone seen this yet ?

as a swing/cover, i hop into a different vehicle almost daily...

no hills to verify if the parking brakes held until i'm on-the-road; the vehicles were already parked in the level warehouse spots for the AM sort/load

after i knew about it, i definitely made myself aware to put it in P at every stop until i was done; then give that contractor a heads-up to fixing it or get a rental for the next day

Instead of a hill one can hold vehicle with footbrake, apply parking brake,place vehicle in drive, ease off footbrake and see how well vehicle holds.

Us flatlanders have to adapt.

oldngray

nowhere special
Instead of a hill one can hold vehicle with footbrake, apply parking brake,place vehicle in drive, ease off footbrake and see how well vehicle holds.

Us flatlanders have to adapt.

That way used to be part of pretrip as you tested your brake leaving the building.

HomeDelivery

you know we're not really employees of Fedex, right?

they can do that for Express... not us

already told the contractor to check his vehicle on monday, in time for tues service

or pay me to pull the rear wheels, dismount the rotor-drum combination & see if the parking brake shoes are worn down

but, i'm suspecting a slightly stretched cable, but that adjustment i did will take up the slack... i just need to check at point K if it's at the limit ~ then a new cable will have to be ordered

(the mechanic in me)

update: he paid me today to diagnose this... all is good! slight cable stretch, but the adjuster still has a few threads to go before it "bottoms out" to the end-of-service limit...

parking brake shoes inside the rotor hat were good! contractor called the regular driver of that route & he never uses his parking brake!:ashamed:

good thing i checked today; he needed rear brake pads... rotor surface was good/ just had to swap pads~ piece of cake for $50 labor

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
update: he paid me today to diagnose this... all is good! slight cable stretch, but the adjuster still has a few threads to go before it "bottoms out" to the end-of-service limit...

parking brake shoes inside the rotor hat were good! contractor called the regular driver of that route & he never uses his parking brake!:ashamed:

good thing i checked today; he needed rear brake pads... rotor surface was good/ just had to swap pads~ piece of cake for $50 labor
That is way to cheap...look at all the TIME you save this con.Any shop on dually brakes around here charge a min.of 500.00 bucks..Watch yourself on any liability you might incur if god forbid something happens..

P

prodriver

Just ask me how good I am I'll tell ya.
That is way to cheap...look at all the TIME you save this con.Any shop on dually brakes around here charge a min.of 500.00 bucks..Watch yourself on any liability you might incur if god forbid something happens..

They see you coming

HomeDelivery

That is way to cheap...look at all the TIME you save this con.Any shop on dually brakes around here charge a min.of 500.00 bucks..

holy crap that's alot for just replacing pads... it was single rear wheel P500... sliding caliper design are soo simple. The rotors were still smooth & true, no reason to dismount & resurface them so that saved most of the $$$$

main thing i do is adhere to the torque specs, where the regular mechanic i see does not

mind you i've been wrenching since the mid 90s & was accruing my ASE certs by the early 2000s

went this route while my kids are growing up. i was just sick of getting grimy 6 days of the week... once a week wrenching is sufficient for me at the moment

i may go back to wrenching, only at the stealership level or a national chain as one of my ways out.

no worries about me, mate. they trust me & i can do the minor jobs. anything that takes over a day to do, i decline & they go to the other guy w/ a more extensive toolset