Anyone want to Trade?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I have a buddy that works for millercoors. 4 10's off by 3 everyday. The pay cut is tempting but man lots of BS from the customers.

The beer guys have it worse
Most bars are so screwed up and a pain to deliver, especially the older bars.
I used to go to a bar that made him walk all the beer into the basement down a flight of stairs. I think delivering boxes to the front steps just got mentally easier thinking about that.

Mack Grant

Been there and done that...
When I was younger I worked for a soft drink company. It paid a day rate, and after 8 hours you got "chinese overtime".

They would regularly schedule me for 6 days of work without even asking/telling me until the next week's schedule was posted. When I brought this to the attention of my supervisor, he would cross his arms across his chest as if to say "what are you going to do about it?"

I took a job with Wonderbread or interstate brands. I did it for five weeks while I still keep my part time job at United Parcel. I quit the job and it was the best move I've ever made.

Rainman

Its all good.
I know lots of people that deliver for different companies. Every one of them has problems with wal mart.

Gonna go out on a limb and say all these guys aren't the problem.
Most of the people working at my Walmart complain worse then we do.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I used to go to a bar that made him walk all the beer into the basement down a flight of stairs. I think delivering boxes to the front steps just got mentally easier thinking about that.
Yep. He says every freaking bar stock room is either up or down stairs.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Can't help you in the switching jobs dept but I do have two questions:

1. How much longer is Coke going to keep their "Coke Points" program going?
2. How come for the last two years they haven't had any prizes worth saving points for?
I second that. The hassle vs reward factor used to be there when gift cards wouldn't be 1700 for a 25 dollar one. No 120, now 100, weekly limit, used to be a code limit, to the point I would trade caps for flaps on an online forum.

Now the only thing I get is the movie tickets and the "limit one per person" gift cards at Christmas when they aren't so exspensive.

Best part I enjoyed was walkjng around the neighborhood on trash day and find more than enough codes in recycle bins to make it fun.

rod

Retired 22 years
I second that. The hassle vs reward factor used to be there when gift cards wouldn't be 1700 for a 25 dollar one. No 120, now 100, weekly limit, used to be a code limit, to the point I would trade caps for flaps on an online forum.

Now the only thing I get is the movie tickets and the "limit one per person" gift cards at Christmas when they aren't so exspensive.

Best part I enjoyed was walkjng around the neighborhood on trash day and find more than enough codes in recycle bins to make it fun.

That 100 point per week limit kills me. I have access to probably 3 or 4 hundred points a week but turn most them down. A friend is in charge of keeping the pop coolers filled at his company lunchroom and they use cases and 12 pks of cans. To be honest , Coke could quit the program tomorrow and it wouldn't bother me.

browned out

Any delivery personnel want to switch jobs?

We don't have to switch; if you are not happy at Coke; UPS is always hiring. You may have to work part time starting at $8.50 or $9.50 and work only 20 or less hours for 5-10 years before getting a full time UPS job. but it you wait your turn, you can go from a coke and a smile; to a Nordic track and a bad back.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I agree with Upstate, they have to deal with a lot more BS with the customer and those trucks are a pain in the :censored2: to park when its a busy time of day.

BUT, I'm sure their trucks have that A/C we will never have :cold:

Regardless, I like my job, pay, and benefits
I agree. And remember our old center manager works for Coke now so no thanks lol.

The soda, water and paper guys....I feel bad for them all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know lots of people that deliver for different companies. Every one of them has problems with wal mart.

Gonna go out on a limb and say all these guys aren't the problem.

My first stop is Walmart. Thankfully they recently moved someone else to receiving. "Fat Liz" was a pain in the ass, not just to me, but to every single person who delivered there. It is much more pleasant delivering to Walmart now that she is gone.

oldngray

nowhere special

Also many bars don't open until late afternoon so you have to work around the hours they are open.