apathy in meeting

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Haven't they alread reduced DOT school, especially for DOT handlers?

I've seen my station use 5 DOT handlers to handle 3 bulk stops and run 'close' routes to the station.

I always thought that DOT handlers were only supposed to be used for truck parking and swaps, not deliveries or pups. My station does the same thing with the 3 that we have. Managers said something about no more that 10 stops, and I said that sounds like a courier/handler but without the pay and they just gave me that s^&t eating grin like they know something I don't about exploiting lower paid employees.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I always thought that DOT handlers were only supposed to be used for truck parking and swaps, not deliveries or pups. My station does the same thing with the 3 that we have. Managers said something about no more that 10 stops, and I said that sounds like a courier/handler but without the pay and they just gave me that s^&t eating grin like they know something I don't about exploiting lower paid employees.

My station regularly uses DOT handlers for bulk stops.

SmithBarney

"Because people have begun to lose their hopes and forget their dreams. So the Nothing grows stronger.
Because people who have no hopes are easy to control; and whoever has the control... has the power!"
-The Neverending Story

FedExRookie

I believe you are correct.

Handlers/DOT are suppose to only handle 1 stop, express preference, or 3 at their maximum. So it's ok for them to do a bulk stop.

Courier/Handlers are suppose to get paid more than a regular handler; however, they are allowed to run as many stops as possible.

So yes, management is exploiting their employees....

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

I believe you are correct.

Handlers/DOT are suppose to only handle 1 stop, express preference, or 3 at their maximum. So it's ok for them to do a bulk stop.

Courier/Handlers are suppose to get paid more than a regular handler; however, they are allowed to run as many stops as possible.

So yes, management is exploiting their employees....

Courier/handlers are only allowed to do a dozen or so stops, at least that's the way it was explained to me. But, just like every thing else here, it's all up to "operational necessity".