appearance standards

over9five

Staff member
I know it's an old fashioned mind-set, but I like the appearance guidelines...

...and I DON'T like whiteboard guy!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm old fashioned too, I liked driving a clean package car and wearing a uniform that matched what everybody else wore. We looked ....... Uniformed! Now its camo, nascar, UPS Catalog, any kind of unofficial hat. I'm surprised my center manager and the one before him puts up with this, both have military backgrounds.

The other two Hubs in Atlanta seem to wash their fleets, ours cut the Carwash hours to 3.5 hours a couple of years ago. Mine got washed once last year, probably by mistake. I will occassionly wipe it down with dry shop rags, it will look a little better. UPS wants us to memorize Depth of Knowledge for the Keter Audits, but doesn't believe in cleaning windshields and mirrors like the contract states. Somehow all the safety talk rings hollow to me.:dissapointed:

bad company

semi-pro
I'm old fashioned too, I liked driving a clean package car and wearing a uniform that matched what everybody else wore. We looked ....... Uniformed! Now its camo, nascar, UPS Catalog, any kind of unofficial hat. I'm surprised my center manager and the one before him puts up with this, both have military backgrounds.

The other two Hubs in Atlanta seem to wash their fleets, ours cut the Carwash hours to 3.5 hours a couple of years ago. Mine got washed once last year, probably by mistake. I will occassionly wipe it down with dry shop rags, it will look a little better. UPS wants us to memorize Depth of Knowledge for the Keter Audits, but doesn't believe in cleaning windshields and mirrors like the contract states. Somehow all the safety talk rings hollow to me.:dissapointed:

Well, uniform enforcement wouldn't be an issue if we were given our uniforms when ordered. All uniform purchases have to get approval from district finance now along with a explination as to why "John Doe" needs a new set of pants. Every time I try to polish my boots, the bathrooms are either out of polish all together, or they only have brown polish. Guess the ordering of shoe polish has to go through finance too.

As for the car wash, as I stated previously, the Ga District Automotive dept. just started a new "Package Car Appearance Campaign". Check out UPSers for more information. So far, I'm impressed. I've never seen my package car this clean. But I'm still going to write it up in the DVIR so that they can clean the interior winsheild. Then I'd have a clean package car, inside and out! That'd be a new experience for me!

satellitedriver

Do you have access to a hose where ever you park your PC at night? Why not wash it and just mark it down as an extra long turn in time? They always cried whenever I washed out the inside of my PC when I got back to the building-- but they got over it.:wink2: Sometimes you just have to take the bull by the horns
No hose, no building,not even a bathroom.
Just a pkg car parked in a gravel parking lot.
I load my truck in an alley behind WalMart.
I use to wash it on my dime and tried to add time for car wash, management said I could not have over a 10 minute back to building time.
So, I drive in filth, but my "numbers" look good at the center.

ih8tbrn

Banned
LOL at carwash..........You can polish a **** all day long, but it's still a **** at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator: