Holiday Stories!

clean hairy

What funny or stupid stories from holidays current or past can you tell?
Here is one poor guy!
20231128_191744.jpg

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
One peak, I was being assigned a different off the street helper virtually every day. So this one day I get this tweaker type guy. I've picked him up, we've run packages for a while and I gotta break for a pickup. I'm parked out front of a UPS Store in a shopping center, and I'm sorting my package car. He asks can he get a break and go to the restroom and get something to eat. I oblige and he says he's going to run to the Burger King on the other side of the shopping center while I'm sorting. No problem...except, he never comes back. I run over to BK, ghost town. I call in to the center to tell them he never came back. I finish out the day, very late.

I find out a few days later, dude ran right past the BK and headed into a neighborhood to visit a crack house. Funny part, he timed it just right that the crack house got raided at the precise time he decided to get his fix. I'm guessing we'd have finished pretty early that day with him completely tweaking out had he not been busted.

DriverNerd

Many years ago they gave me a helper for some random day. She was was the mall's helper, but they didn't need her that day there. The problem was she (at 70 years old!) couldn't get up the first step of the truck (because my truck at the time was still an old manual high step). She crawled into the cab for the next four hours. Slowest I've ever gone with a helper.

TBH

An officially retired Oregonian .
Many years ago they gave me a helper for some random day. She was was the mall's helper, but they didn't need her that day there. The problem was she (at 70 years old!) couldn't get up the first step of the truck (because my truck at the time was still an old manual high step). She crawled into the cab for the next four hours. Slowest I've ever gone with a helper.
This is just so very sad. 70 years old?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
Did you get a gummer

Hot Carl

One of our more recent retirees told me once that they gave him a helper one year who was so fat he that he couldn't even reach the seatbelt to the buckle. Called his boss who says, "Alright fine, let him go."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
One of our more recent retirees told me once that they gave him a helper one year who was so fat he that he couldn't even reach the seatbelt to the buckle. Called his boss who says, "Alright fine, let him go."
That happened to me. I called the center and dropped her off at her car. Slow AF. The bastards sent her to me on purpose to bust my balls.

burco8080

on a Christmas eve past, at 930pm one of my last stops was in the country a few miles out. I pull into the yard and right away and man and daughter come storming out, I thought oh great someone pissed but before I could get out of my truck, he hollers Santa, you made it, with a big smile, his daughter without missing a beat says Santa you shaved. BEST CHRISMAS EVER with UPS

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
on a Christmas eve past, at 930pm one of my last stops was in the country a few miles out. I pull into the yard and right away and man and daughter come storming out, I thought oh great someone pissed but before I could get out of my truck, he hollers Santa, you made it, with a big smile, his daughter without missing a beat says Santa you shaved. BEST CHRISMAS EVER with UPS
It can be rewarding with the right mindset.