Application question

bidumb

Hi guise, this application I completed and then ordered to call a phone interview on May 2 at 1-833-480-0064. Anyhow long story short the people told me they are "evaluating requirements at this location" and "will call me in a couple of weeks." What does this mean? I was told next step was Road test and DOT physical (does that require vax passport and does UPS require vax?). I was told to print some documents but they never emailed them to me, so when I called them a second time, then they sent them and told me to memorize some 5's and 10's crap. I already memorized the 5's and now I'm not even bothering with the 10's if they can't call me back.

It seems on another thread there is a hiring freeze. On top of it I may have lied on my application but NOT in the phone call. Also FYI the website said the job was "Casual Package Driver" and they said it is Seasonal job, 5-6 months, 8 hr. day, 40 hr. week, overtime, and mandatory union. Just wondering am I out of the consideration for hiring and should move on to other jobs? Please help! Thanks for reading.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hi guise, this application I completed and then ordered to call a phone interview on May 2 at 1-833-480-0064. Anyhow long story short the people told me they are "evaluating requirements at this location" and "will call me in a couple of weeks." What does this mean? I was told next step was Road test and DOT physical (does that require vax passport and does UPS require vax?). I was told to print some documents but they never emailed them to me, so when I called them a second time, then they sent them and told me to memorize some 5's and 10's crap. I already memorized the 5's and now I'm not even bothering with the 10's if they can't call me back.

It seems on another thread there is a hiring freeze. On top of it I may have lied on my application but NOT in the phone call. Also FYI the website said the job was "Casual Package Driver" and they said it is Seasonal job, 5-6 months, 8 hr. day, 40 hr. week, overtime, and mandatory union. Just wondering am I out of the consideration for hiring and should move on to other jobs? Please help! Thanks for reading.

What’d you lie about? Time to come clean

UPSER1987

Lied on application? What does this mean? Lol

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

You’re waiting on them? Don’t.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The company will call new hires at their convenience, not yours. That stinks, that doesn't help you in trying to figure out where your income to pay bills will come from. Hiring depends on package volume coming through the system, and that goes up and down depending on the economy and what time of the year it is. I wouldn't recommend giving up a present job or a better prospect on maybe getting hired here. A lot of UPS employees start part-time and then bid into the full-time position you are trying to get. A lot of buildings don't have part-time employees that want the job you are applying for, so UPS tries to hire off the street as in your case.

The company will call new hires at their convenience, not yours. That stinks, that doesn't help you in trying to figure out where your income to pay bills will come from. Hiring depends on package volume coming through the system, and that goes up and down depending on the economy and what time of the year it is. I wouldn't recommend giving up a present job or a better prospect on maybe getting hired here. A lot of UPS employees start part-time and then bid into the full-time position you are trying to get. A lot of buildings don't have part-time employees that want the job you are applying for, so UPS tries to hire off the street as in your case.
Well if I had a job right now I don't think I would jump into UPS why we are heading for the recession.
Just my two cents worth

bidumb

Thanks guys! @scratch That's very helpful. It's been a couple weeks and then some, it may be safe to assume I didn't get it and they're never calling me back. From my understanding the Seasonal Casual Package Driver is full time but only lasts six months? Don't know how much volume they have or if there's that much work. I am thinking of calling the UPS facility directly to ask about hiring since the HR people haven't called back.

Lied on application? What does this mean? Lol
It asked how many suspensions on your license in the past FIVE years? :sheepish:I said 0, and then it asked how many ACCIDENTS were you "at fault" and technically there was 1 when I worked at USPS. My driver license wasn't suspended but my postal driving privilege was suspended so it was confusing, and I told them 0 in the phone. UPS probably listed me as do not hire or smth.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Thanks guys! @scratch and then it asked how many ACCIDENTS were you "at fault" and technically there was 1 when I worked at USPS. My driver license wasn't suspended but my postal driving privilege was suspended so it was confusing, and I told them 0 in the phone. UPS probably listed me as do not hire or smth.
You can get your driving record from the dmv. If it lists an accident or violation then you need to report one.

clean hairy

Op does understand applications are processed in order received?
His has to wait until the ones ahead of him have been processed....
Not being honest about the driving record on the phone could be a factor as well.....

bidumb

Op does understand applications are processed in order received?
His has to wait until the ones ahead of him have been processed....
That's totally unreasonable, I expect UPS to drop everything and process my application immediately. How many people want to work for this particular UPS location? It's been four weeks and they haven't called me back so I am moving on. Hopefully they saved my name and address in some creepy database so next time I order anything online and it's shipped by UPS, the handlers will crush the parcel and the delivery guy will laugh at me and toss it over the fence.

That's totally unreasonable, I expect UPS to drop everything and process my application immediately. How many people want to work for this particular UPS location? It's been four weeks and they haven't called me back so I am moving on. Hopefully they saved my name and address in some creepy database so next time I order anything online and it's shipped by UPS, the handlers will crush the parcel and the delivery guy will laugh at me and toss it over the fence.
Take a deep breath and chill out. This is Peak vacation season so the company is short staffed.

Do you want to work here or not?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They only hire when they THINK they need people. Summer time is that time. But they are currently cutting routes and giving tons of people days off. They don’t need you. Unfortunately.

bidumb

Take a deep breath and chill out. This is Peak vacation season so the company is short staffed.

Do you want to work here or not?
I was just joking, Gumby (is that?)... I have NO IDEA how UPS hires people but am willing to learn about their schedules and processes. 5's and 10's were very interesting.... It's not really up to me anyhow there's probably better candidates out there.

I was just joking, Gumby (is that?)... I have NO IDEA how UPS hires people but am willing to learn about their schedules and processes. 5's and 10's were very interesting.... It's not really up to me anyhow there's probably better candidates out there.
If you're willing to put the time in, yes this job does suck but you can make a career out of it

Not too many private sector jobs offer a pension and retiree healthcare

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hopefully they saved my name and address in some creepy database so next time I order anything online and it's shipped by UPS, the handlers will crush the parcel and the delivery guy will laugh at me and toss it over the fence.

They do all that anyway