Appointment Time!

The Mayor

Oh, and also...by the way. Don't miss your RTB.

See how this scenario plays out:

Manager: "You missed your 1600 RTB by an hour! What's wrong with you? Now sign this."

Courier: "I had a delivery appointment time at 1600 on the farthest point from my route. ROADS ran me for my last stop closest to the station, but it was a half hour drive to deliver the appointment stop, and another half hour to get back to the station."

Manager: "That's no excuse. I need you to sign here."

Ah yes, I can just see it now..

DontThrowPackages

Awesome! More hours and more miles, and more $$ for CRRs Lets see customer pays $5 to have me there at a certain time..
ok well its 20 min off my trace(40minutes total = $13 of pay) roughly 10miles(20miles at 10mpg = [email protected] ~$7 in fuel)
So we just spent $20 Dollars to deliver a package with a $5 surcharge, not including other possible lates)

Great Idea...
This is where all the PT couriers come in spinning their thumbs

hypo hanna

Manager: "You missed your 1600 RTB by an hour! What's wrong with you? Now sign this."

Courier: "I had a delivery appointment time at 1600 on the farthest point from my route. ROADS ran me for my last stop closest to the station, but it was a half hour drive to deliver the appointment stop, and another half hour to get back to the station."

And my response would be to laugh in his face and tell him he can call HR. I will be calling my attorney.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh, and also...by the way. Don't miss your RTB.

I can see it too. This is where "working as directed" becomes critical. Turn it back on them, and point out that the bad decisions were made for you, not by you. You are just the bot that drives the truck.

TUT

No offense but that's stupid too.

None taken, I agree. Seriously a company could friend with either carrier with tight delivery windows like that, go in for delivery time failure money back. Hell the carriers could sabotage one another. I take this as services to combat new services online and B&M companies are coming up with or to use these services to offer to the likes.

It is to point from the shippers end to, not just the carriers. Customer, get control of yourself, go do something, your packages will be coming timely, stop acting like an ADHD child. Calm the **** down. Or if it is critical, then you our your insurance will pay for it and it will be there by 10:30 am.

Customers think they want all this data, but then they panic when it's just not perfect, they really can't handle it all sanely.

Btn1969

What is this insanity? What are the window time frames? This is for express drivers? Am drivers?... If so baahahahahahah. Full steam ahead ! Right into that iceberg! Oh lord what has happened to this company?

CJinx

It came from Dano, it has to be true...it just has to be.
Well, it is possible. There is something coming down the pipeline soon, I don't know what it is and my hands would be tied even if I did... but nobody I've asked so far knows what.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm not real optomistic about this venture.

I'll be interesting to see how it pans out however.

I've also been hearing about the Amazon lockers deal. Same-day delivery within a short radius doesn't threaten FedEx. This is small delivery company/messenger territory for the most part anyway.

Check with Dano, and he'll poke his nose into MT3's palatial office and find out for you.

HomeDelivery

What is this insanity? What are the window time frames? This is for express drivers? Am drivers?... If so baahahahahahah. Full steam ahead ! Right into that iceberg! Oh lord what has happened to this company?

i had to deal with evening appointment deliveries & it wasn't fun (i wasn't getting paid by the hour to begin with).

the regular driver in the service area i covered 2 days ago was normally done by 1500 & i had to hang around until 1700 to make the 2 evening appointments (it's a 3 hour window beween 1700-2000) ~ so i looped around to also do a 2nd attempts (at getting signatures) at a few apartment buildings to burn some time.

they should just ask for it to be diverted to the local Kinko's ~ i mean FedEx Office location for them to go and sign for them... a few around my area are already 24 hours ?!?!