APWA vs TEAMSTERS --- ROUND TWO

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Like I posted earlier, this is the real JonFrum. We have exchanged several emails and this member matches the Email address. I only mentioned this because there was an imposter who posted twice as a guest using the same name. I tried to rep him, but he is like me, I could really care less about that particular feature.

trickpony1

Thats more of a question asking if its the real jonfrum than saying it isnt the real jonfrum

Thank you MonavieLeaker.
Again, I will ask the question, "did tieguy not do well in reading comprehension in grade school?".
It seems that Monavie and Scratch understood the intent of my post whereas the esteemed Mr. Tieguy (corporate icon, leader, mentor and decision maker) apparently didn't.
.....so much for the future of "our" company.

chev

Nightcrawler
If you go to the home page of the AWPA, you see an illustration of a tired, sad old man slumped against a wall with a little bag in front if him saying "where's my pension."

If you look closely at the man, you will notice the blue smock with the yellow smiley face badge he is wearing. Does it look familiar? Its a Wal-Mart uniform.

I think this picture says it all, and is a perfect emblem for the APWA. You have a non-union Walmart employee reaping the benefits of his "God-given right-to-work" that the APWA believes so strongly in. Sign me up, I want a blue smock too!
I think the guy in the Walmart uniform is in reference to a union worker that has retired with such a crappy pension, he is forced to work at Walmart. :wink2:
Don't beat me up. It's just my perspective of the picture and what it infers.
My father often jokes that he will have to go work for Walmart as a greeter because he was forced to retire early from DuPont with a lower pension.

Last edited:

sx2700

Banned
I think the guy in the Walmart uniform is in reference to a union worker that has retired with such a crappy pension, he is forced to work at Walmart. :wink2:
Don't beat me up. It's just my perspective of the picture and what it infers.
My father often jokes that he will have to go work for Walmart as a greeter because he was forced to retire early from DuPont with a lower pension.

Unfortunately, for a lot of people it isn't a joke, it is reality.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Wow am I out of the loop on the AWPA. Never heard of them till today. Guess they haven't made a huge impression over here in SpoWa. I don't know. I think I would rather fix the problems in my local than vote in a new representative that has NO actual experience in dealing with the negotiations at UPS IMHO.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Don't worry, you haven't missed anything.
Are you kidding me? When we had mittam and 30and out and other posters here beating the apwa into our heads i looked forward to getting home to come on here to argue. Those were real good days on the cafe, just look through the labor pages for titles with apwa in them. You will laugh at the nonsemse they were sreading, we were going to get $25,000 a month in pension etc,lol!

tieguy

Banned
Thank you MonavieLeaker.
Again, I will ask the question, "did tieguy not do well in reading comprehension in grade school?".
It seems that Monavie and Scratch understood the intent of my post whereas the esteemed Mr. Tieguy (corporate icon, leader, mentor and decision maker) apparently didn't.
.....so much for the future of "our" company.

I did see monavie try to rescue you from your beating, I didn't see the same from scratch. Typical coward , start some crap then run and hide behind others when the heat gets too hot.

Back to your original point , I have no interest in negative repping Jonfrum. I have always been sincere about supporting this site by registering. Cheryl puts a lot of her personal time into this site and the very least we can do is to support her by registering. We should also click on the advertising links to help her pay the bills. I only negative rep the idiotic or outrageous which is why you get so much of my attention. I have always given out much more positive then negative on the rep side.