APWA ???

mittam

wildgoose said:
Big Arrow Up said:
If leaving IBT and leaving Roadway and whoever else out in the cold is what it takes to get a decent retirement than so be it. They are retiring off our money anyway. Have any of you ever had someone from Yellow Freight come up to you and thank you for their retirement? Several of our drivers have had that happen to them. I've been a member of 3 different unions (two were before I worked at UPS) and IBT definately the most corrupt of the three. Maybe they've have gottent to big for their pants. Or maybe they have just gotten out of control. I've watched them fight for the jobs of the biggest scum at UPS then not lift a finger for the ones that they should have and now on top of all of that there is the pension mess. Yes, many pensions are going to the crapper but UPS does not, and should not, have to be that way. People don't believe me when I tell them about the pension situation at UPS. They always say "NO...Not UPS??? How could that be?". It is unreal.

Hey teamster Dan what your saying is we should suck it up on your behalf ? The teamsters set it up to be all or nothing when it comes to there way. So how do you think we should go about correcting our issue with out changing the whole process ? Wait for reform - heh right ! See the old teamsters would not settle for part of the group getting screwed but now it sure looks that way !!!!!!!! Tough problems need tough resolutions. I am sorry your loyalty to the teamsters blinds the big picture !!!!!
great post wildgoose why should we worry about all the other companies after all they get 60% of our pension money from our company let them learn to pull their fair share

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
The union like any other business should have to post All $`s taken in and $`s spent in operations but they don`t ? Who has what pensions and how many ! Extra kickbacks for special services. Also why did afl - cio break away from the teamsters. Things that you have to wonder about. They obviously do not want you to have a say so ? The reason for a pay increase over pension and insurance benifits is because they can get a pay increase too with wages as to pension and insurances not ! :crying: I wish i was in the IAM teamsters fund :tongue_sm

wkmac

wildgoose said:

Never heard of this until this morning when I caught a TV ad on CNN and then I find the link here.

I checked out Teamsters there and this is just for starters.

Teamsters (IBT)

I guess the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will shortly come from the union lackies that this is another conspiracy to kill the union is a certain but there have been so many independent reports on this stuff to confirm it that claims of conspiracy and whatever are just meaningless. History channel did a 2 hour documentary on the Teamsters and every member needs to watch it. I don't trust the situation at UPS without a union but after nearly 25 years and still counting as an IBT member I'm of certain that the IBT is not the real answer for us UPSers. Doesn't mean I believe APWA is but I surely know it ain't the IBT either. I'm just not convinced in this day and age that the same union can fully and completely represent members who work as competing companies.

JMO.

wdworker51

Don't get snowed by the APWA. Ever heard of divide and conqour? These two feeder drivers in NC have a pie in the sky idea that will never fly. Don't get suckered in.

any122

adirondack man
Don't get snowed by the APWA. Ever heard of divide and conqour? These two feeder drivers in NC have a pie in the sky idea that will never fly. Don't get suckered in.
I am willing to bet that when the APWA takes over the pie you will be there holding your plate out for your piece of pie!:lol: :lol: :lol:

B

Brown724

Michigan Direct Number

Im in the middle of a transfer and my HR told me to get the Romulus, Michigan's center number to check on my transfer does anyone know what that number?

clr1390

Tired of the Teamsters
The APWA is real. The mechanic in my building in OH. is going to get 5500 a month for 30 years. I have the same amout of time in. The Teamsters say I can get 2685 a month. Wake up people!!!!!!! The APWA is the only chance we have

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
30andout- I've read the website, I know their claims. I've done my research, and I know enough to not support the APWA. If I wanted to be fed a bunch of BS I can go talk to any UPS manager.
Hey Brett start saving some serious 401k money because your belief in the teamsters is beyond comprehension when you see and hear about future reductions. Some people are just blind dumb about whats going on but down the road you will comprehend the insurance and pensions going south ! I hope your saving with your beliefs !!!!!!!:thumbup1:

clr1390

Tired of the Teamsters
Hay Ft. Worth, You got that great Central States health insurance too. Ha!!!!! In Ohio we would burn the Union Hall down if they tried to give us that. Our retired people still pay 100 a month for their insurance. I have never paid a dime for a prescription, in 29 years. We have 10 dollar co-pays. You poor people do not even have a clue how bad you are getting poked. Also, how many UPS people have ever retired and draw a Central States Pension. NOT VERY MANY. UPS puts over 220 dollars a week so we can retire and get out. But the Teamsters have made sure that is never going to happen. We need a Union, run by UPS people, for UPS people. If it does not happen, I hope everyone can live off of Social Security. The Central States Pension will go broke. There is not enough UPS people to keep it going. I stood behind the Teamsters for the first 25 years, but no longer. I got smart.

Cole

The pension numbers are no scam, and brett you know yourself that the mechanics in the machinists union, are getting $6,000.00 a month from the same contributions we get.

sawdusttv

No, Skillman and Saw are not the same person IMO and here's my reason why. When Sawman first appeared and started talking about taking the raises for the next 2 years and buying out our credit from CS, etc. so that we all could get the $7000 per month at 30 years, OK2BC and I talked privately email(I think My2Cents was also in some of that) about this and the whole APWA idea. After looking at their website, I decided one day to email APWA on this issue to see what would happen, because to me the numbers just didn't add up. It was Skillman himself who responded back and he told me there was no such plan nor in his mind would such a plan even work. He and I exchanged a number of lengthy emails on APWA, the IBT and a number of issues we face. Skillman was very honest to me IMO as what of any benefit I would get from the APWA retirement plan unless I was willing to work the few extra years I was going to have to work away as a result of the CS changes. Under the proposed APWA plan for example had it been in place at the time we talked, I could earn enough credit to get nearly $3k per month from APWA. Basically, those 7 extra years would get me what I would have gotten from CS before the 03' changes. Far cry from the $7k per month and Skillman himself is also in the same boat. His belief is he sees no changes to CS in the future and in fact they would likely get worse so if he has to work the years anyway, why not take a chance and make it as worth you while as you can and I don't disagree with that thinking at all. If like myself, you already believe at some point in your future that CS will go bellyup anyway, you got very little if anything to loose and this is at the heart of it all. Even OK and I basically agreed on that point.

Take all things into consideration, the demographics of a shrinking IBT/CS membership, etc. and barring say for example a huge membership increase say from a complete IBT unionizing of Fedex (don't hold you breath) I just don't see the needed influx of monies to get us back to where we once were. With add pressures of rising healthcare costs added to the beginning of the babyboomer explosion into the CS pension plans and you've got the makings of a looming disaster. The IBT has no cloat or power to get the employers, especially UPS to pony up at the contract to pay for all of this so forget that idea.

Skillman believes, and I can very much agree with this that since so many factors point to a CS trainwreck at some point in the future but with UPS only and it's strenght and global growth of it's employee base that the demographics suggest many of the factors threatening the survival of CS work just the opposite with UPS and a UPS only plan. Using that model and with the current amounts paid in weekly, they came up with the current plan that a employee working under their plan for 30 years could draw $7k per month. Also this retirement bonus being bounced around of several/ several $k lumpsum payout at retirement? I never once heard Skillman raise this or discuss this at all. He told me of his concerns that people are taking liberties and throwing out ideas that are not a part of the APWA mix.

The bottomline is I don't believe Skillman and Sawman are the same because in our emails he never showed the same style as saw nor did he defend or discuss the issues in the same manner. Both OK2BC and M2C is my memory is correct have some (OK2BC) has all the emails that went between myself and Skillman. Like myself, M2C was receptive to the APWA idea whereas OK liked the UPS only union thinking but had his doubts about APWA being the answer and he had some good points on that too and I respected that.

I don't think APWA will ever replace the IBT completely but in time and especially depending on how this next contract goes, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see somewhere in the South (probably North Carolina) one or even some UPS sites de-certify the IBT and certify APWA. APWA may get the chance to prove itself so they better be ready.

c ya!

Let me clear this up for everyone. I AM SAWMAN, the reason my screen name changed was due to a computer problem that I had a while back with my internet explorer, all my internet stuff got screwed up and I had to re-register at all the different web sites, Brown Cafe being one of them. I could not log in so I had to re-register and for some reason I couldn't re-regester under the same screen name, so I used sawdusttv instead. I do know Van Skillman, he is a feeder driver in Greensboro, NC, I am a Feeder driver in Winston Salem, NC about 35 miles away.
Now, as far as the post months ago about the taking of two years pay to fund a buy out, this was a scenario to show that there are ways of coming up with the funds to buy our way out if UPS refused to do so.
To the best of my knowledge Van Skillman has never posted on this board, but rest assured that he knows myself (sawdusttv-sawman and he also knows Feeders very well as he is also located at the Winston Salem location) and we are always chewing on Vans eyes about one issue or another.
I hope this clears everything up for everyone.
I have no problem standing behind anything that I post, and in no way would I try and hide who I am. I also feel that most of you that have been on here for a while, whether we agree or disagree, can't deny that if you prove me wrong, that I have no problem admitting it.
I am fighting for a cause that I beleive in (THE APWA) and it was founded on always being truthful, and I try to keep to this policy.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Let me clear this up for everyone. I AM SAWMAN, the reason my screen name changed was due to a computer problem that I had a while back with my internet explorer, all my internet stuff got screwed up and I had to re-register at all the different web sites, Brown Cafe being one of them. I could not log in so I had to re-register and for some reason I couldn't re-regester under the same screen name, so I used sawdusttv instead. I do know Van Skillman, he is a feeder driver in Greensboro, NC, I am a Feeder driver in Winston Salem, NC about 35 miles away.
Now, as far as the post months ago about the taking of two years pay to fund a buy out, this was a scenario to show that there are ways of coming up with the funds to buy our way out if UPS refused to do so.
To the best of my knowledge Van Skillman has never posted on this board, but rest assured that he knows myself (sawdusttv-sawman and he also knows Feeders very well as he is also located at the Winston Salem location) and we are always chewing on Vans eyes about one issue or another.
I hope this clears everything up for everyone.
I have no problem standing behind anything that I post, and in no way would I try and hide who I am. I also feel that most of you that have been on here for a while, whether we agree or disagree, can't deny that if you prove me wrong, that I have no problem admitting it.
I am fighting for a cause that I beleive in (THE APWA) and it was founded on always being truthful, and I try to keep to this policy.
Does van have an office in dispatch there? Im sure the company doesnt put him on the street anymore. They cant take a chance that the golden boy would hurt himself. How could he help dismantle the teamsters from workers comp?

sawdusttv

Does van have an office in dispatch there? Im sure the company doesnt put him on the street anymore. They cant take a chance that the golden boy would hurt himself. How could he help dismantle the teamsters from workers comp?

Pretty LAME come back, 705 !!!!!!!!!!!!