Are Canadians murdering racists?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You admit you're ignorant about the event, but I'm the one trolling? Okay homie, carry on.
Just read the BLM version and become 100% up to speed on the entire event, the innocent, affluent blacks and jealous white trash.
For a race that got :censored2:ed over so much prior to the Civil War and ever since, how did the blacks get so affluent in (of all places) Tulsa, OK????
I’m sure the Whites were lining up to help them strike it rich in oil, livestock, etc....
Who’s kidding who?
Homeytown was probably some shot hole... Black Wall St... LOL!!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Just read the BLM version and become 100% up to speed on the entire event, the innocent, affluent blacks and jealous white trash.
For a race that got *ed over so much prior to the Civil War and ever since, how did the blacks get so affluent in (of all places) Tulsa, OK????
I’m sure the Whites were lining up to help them strike it rich in oil, livestock, etc....
Who’s kidding who?
Gotcha ...
:backingout:

MAKAVELI

For a race that got *ed over so much prior to the Civil War and ever since, how did the blacks get so affluent in (of all places) Tulsa, OK????
Who’s kidding who?
Greenwood is well documented, Cletus.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Who’s kidding who?
The Tulsa race riot is just a classic example of the media instigating violence with trash reporting.

The newspaper rape story was BS and got whites fired up. The lynching story was BS and got blacks fired up. Then a black mob killed a bunch of white people even though the police weren't actually allowing a lynching.

From there, well, I believe the equivalent modern phrase would be "friend* around and find out".

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Who’s kidding who?

The encyclopedia brittanica's entry about it was, oddly, no longer available.

El Correcto

god is dead
The Tulsa race riot is just a classic example of the media instigating violence with trash reporting.

The newspaper rape story was BS and got whites fired up. The lynching story was BS and got blacks fired up. Then a black mob killed a bunch of white people even though the police weren't actually allowing a lynching.

From there, well, I believe the equivalent modern phrase would be "friend* around and find out".
And find out they did, god bless America.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
10 Whites and 26 blacks killed.
Doesn’t sound like a “massacre” to me.

The Valentine's Day Massacre involved the deaths of seven people.

The Boston Massacre involved the death of 5 people.

I think the term massacre generally applies to.situations where some number, greater than 1, of defenseless people are murdered. If two armed groups go against each other, it's a battle, or maybe a skirmish. Just because one side suffers greater casualties doesn't make it a massacre. I've read that the estimates for this situation range from 30 - 300. That's a pretty wide range of deaths. I'm pretty sure there were absolutely less than a million deaths involved.

Tyrone Slothrop

1622402389085.png

It’s an old post, so obviously 66 years ago is no longer accurate. 1952 is.