Contract Approved: UPS workers overwhelmingly approve new contract, ending strike threat

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
The rumor mill is running wild these days with cut backs, 4-10’s and building closures. Can you imagine all these young runners on the sidelines with displaced out of shape feeder drivers in their places? The comp claims are gonna be through the roof.
92 days TILL PEAK
🧔‍♂️✊

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The rumor mill is running wild these days with cut backs, 4-10’s and building closures. Can you imagine all these young runners on the sidelines with displaced out of shape feeder drivers in their places? The comp claims are gonna be through the roof.

I expect a mass exodus in every feeder department nationwide starting around the first of January 2024..

…and a bunch of newer younger replacements starting at 24 bucks an hour with the 4 year progression of course…

Win, Win scenario…

Thebrownblob

Well we were told not to care. We had to help our weaker brothers and sisters.

So which is it. Should we care or not care? My leadership hasn't told me yet.
Everyone has to do their own studying on complicated issues like pensions and 401(k)s, etc. etc. The same people who don’t know what to think are the same people who are may end up with no retirement at all. Obviously the union tries to give everyone the opportunity to have a dignified retirement, but there is no guarantees so you better be doing your own research and investing as well.

And I only say that because the previous decade or so, I sat in many meetings, looking at the faces of retirees, or soon to be retirees, who did not plan for something terrible to happen to their pension. Never want to have to do that again.

542thruNthru

Everyone has to do their own studying on complicated issues like pensions and 401(k)s, etc. etc. The same people who don’t know what to think are the same people who are may end up with no retirement at all. Obviously the union tries to give everyone the opportunity to have a dignified retirement, but there is no guarantees so you better be doing your own research and investing as well.
That's what I pay dues for!!

And I only say that because the previous decade or so, I sat in many meetings, looking at the faces of retirees, or soon to be retirees, who did not plan for something terrible to happen to their pension. Never want to have to do that again.
Unfortunately too many people live in Fantasyland

Very true @Wally assumed that I didn’t think his complaint had some validity, which I do but I’m a realist, and I knew it wouldn’t make a difference. It didn’t make a difference by wide margin even wider than I imagined.
That's why I tell all those young guys pay your debt off, put some money away in the bank and make sure you put what you can into a 401k or an IRA

Because when you crunch the numbers on your pension plan it's not what you think it's going to be

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That's why I tell all those young guys pay your debt off, put some money away in the bank and make sure you put what you can into a 401k or an IRA

Because when you crunch the numbers on your pension plan it's not what you think it's going to be
Unless you are in a plan that Tough Guy favors.

Karma...

when will the contract and benefits be the same across the country ?....take charge Sean....keep up the excellent work....cant continue as a fiefdom.....