Are helpers optional this year?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
While that is basically completely inaccurate people are extremely emotional. America’s life expectancy compared to the rest of the developed world is pitiful and kills many times more that Coronavirus evrey year. Yet we never hear what they are doing to raise life expectancies and save tens of millions of life’s.

You seen @KingofFluff lately

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
While that is basically completely inaccurate people are extremely emotional. America’s life expectancy compared to the rest of the developed world is pitiful and kills many times more that Coronavirus evrey year. Yet we never hear what they are doing to raise life expectancies and save tens of millions of life’s.

Not inaccurate at all. Exactly what has been happening. Who is the "they" who is supposed to be raising life expectancy? Life expectancy kills people? What are you talking about? If you are going to take the time to make stuff up, you might as well put in a little extra effort and make some sense.

Kingofthenorth

Not inaccurate at all. Exactly what has been happening. Who is the "they" who is supposed to be raising life expectancy? Life expectancy kills people? What are you talking about? If you are going to take the time to make stuff up, you might as well put in a little extra effort and make some sense.
Americans rank among the lowest on life expectancy among any country in the developed world. For instance Japan has a 6 year longer life expectancy than America. If Americans lived 6 years longer it would save ten of millions of life’s.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Americans rank among the lowest on life expectancy among any country in the developed world. For instance Japan has a 6 year longer life expectancy than America. If Americans lived 6 years longer it would save ten of millions of life’s.

I understand why you think this makes sense, but it doesn't. Life expectancy is just a statistic. It doesn't kill people. Extending it doesn't save people. Again, I ask, who is this "they" who are supposed to be responsible for extending life expectancy?

I can assume that you think some magic combination of government regulations is supposed to make us all live longer. That's a delusion. It is not the government's job to ensure we live longer. The horribly botched up response to Covid is a perfect example of the terrible decisions government can make under the guise of "saving lives".

There are many factors that play into life expectancy. The government has its limited role of trying to protect us against people intentionally shortening our lives. Beyond that, I really don't want government interfering in my decisions simply because someone else thinks it will help me live longer.

Kingofthenorth

I understand why you think this makes sense, but it doesn't. Life expectancy is just a statistic. It doesn't kill people. Extending it doesn't save people. Again, I ask, who is this "they" who are supposed to be responsible for extending life expectancy?

I can assume that you think some magic combination of government regulations is supposed to make us all live longer. That's a delusion. It is not the government's job to ensure we live longer. The horribly botched up response to Covid is a perfect example of the terrible decisions government can make under the guise of "saving lives".

There are many factors that play into life expectancy. The government has its limited role of trying to protect us against people intentionally shortening our lives. Beyond that, I really don't want government interfering in my decisions simply because someone else thinks it will help me live longer.

life expectancy is the average period someone may expect to live. So extending the average amount of time people live-would extend the average amount of time people live. I wouldn’t want them to extend life expectancy by gov regulation. I would want them to extend life expectancy by putting money into decreasing and even ending aging if possible(there are animals with true biological immortality like the immortal jellyfish and theories on how to end aging, so there is hope you could end aging or at the very least greatly extend human life span), research and treatment of diseases etc.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
life expectancy is the average period someone may expect to live. So extending the average amount of time people live-would extend the average amount of time people live. I wouldn’t want them to extend life expectancy by gov regulation. I would want them to extend life expectancy by putting money into decreasing and even ending aging if possible(there are animals with true biological immortality like the immortal jellyfish and theories on how to end aging, so there is hope you could end aging or at the very least greatly extend human life span), research and treatment of diseases etc.

Who do you think puts the most money into researching and treating diseases? And who is the they that you want putting money into investing in these things more? If It's tax payer dollars, then deciding to spend that money that way requires some amount of regulation.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Here in Socal they are optional. My local is telling all driver's to refuse helpers.
1603423821878.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
You guys come in contact with so many people during the day is one more going to make a difference?

Point is.. You will be in close proximity with multiple helpers 13+ hours a day on a weekly basis. I would like to limit as much exposure as possible as I do have my in-laws (70+ years olds) staying with me.

Let’s put these pvd drivers/ 22.4’s to use & have management pull ALL OF OUR IRREG’S & dispatch accordingly, being that we’ll be out there by ourselves!

Staydryitsraining

How is what he said inaccurate? Its excatly what happen

Blazian81

Is anyone opting out of a helper this year due to lack of social distancing?
I opted out, cause if you take the helper ups is gonna blame you if you get sick and get covid, so put the pressure back square on there shoulder to figur how to get some stops off you if you don't want that OT