Are Monthly Pension Amounts Adjusted For Inflation (Canada)

Sid

Hi, I just received my pension information so far and if I was to quit today, I'd receive $420 each month when I turn 60 years old (30 now). I have been working for UPS for 8 years now.

I have a few questions:

1. Is that amount adjusted for inflation? Or will it still be $420 in 30 years?

2. Is there a way to find out the total amount of my pension that I have accumulated?

3. I recently have been offered a better job and I am thinking of quitting UPS, instead of rolling over what I accumulated at UPS, can I buyout the amount (I think I'll get hit with a 20% tax if I do this)?

4. (Hypothetical scenario) 30 years is a long time, what would happen if the dollar crashed or something and we were on a different currency, would we still get paid in dollars even though nobody used them anymore?

Thanks

PT Crazy

1. Not adjusted for inflation.
2. What you have accumulated is 420 a month when you turn 60.
3. If you quit you cannot collect until you reach regular retirement age. In many cases it is age 65.
4. How the heck knows.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
are you ft or pt? if you continue working for UPS your monthly pension will go up . it is not adjusted for inflation.
you can not collect the pension until you reach the age stated in your plan.

if i were you I would call your pension people. they can send you the booklets that will give you all the info.

i'm pretty sure there will be no more world in 30 years so live each day as it is your last. ( kidding ) but who knows?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
4. (Hypothetical scenario) 30 years is a long time, what would happen if the dollar crashed or something and we were on a different currency, would we still get paid in dollars even though nobody used them anymore?

Thanks
No, once the dollar crashes you’ll be paid in bitcoin which is naturally deflationary so don’t worry about inflation at all.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Hi, I just received my pension information so far and if I was to quit today, I'd receive $420 each month when I turn 60 years old (30 now). I have been working for UPS for 8 years now.

I have a few questions:

1. Is that amount adjusted for inflation? Or will it still be $420 in 30 years?

2. Is there a way to find out the total amount of my pension that I have accumulated?

3. I recently have been offered a better job and I am thinking of quitting UPS, instead of rolling over what I accumulated at UPS, can I buyout the amount (I think I'll get hit with a 20% tax if I do this)?

Thanks
Don't worry.
No matter what happens or the span of years that go by, your pension is safe.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
some guy tried to pay by bit coin on one of my restorations and I told him did not know what he was talking about. had to look it up.

what's wrong with cash? The other day tried to use cash for a deposit in my sons' account at the Bank of America and they told me they don't accept cash for deposits unless you have an account with them.

what's wrong with cash?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
some guy tried to pay by bit coin on one of my restorations and I told him did not know what he was talking about. had to look it up.

what's wrong with cash? The other day tried to use cash for a deposit in my sons' account at the Bank of America and they told me they don't accept cash for deposits unless you have an account with them.

what's wrong with cash?

That is because terrorists use that method to move money around.
Thank the government for that one