Article 22

gandydancer

That is not true in this area so the response wouldn't apply. I understand its probably different for your area or other areas. no existing fulltime jobs go to bid for part-timers here, only the seasonal covers postings that come and go.

If a driver goes inside a permanent route, not a seasonal cover job, opens up and five of six such openings must be filled from the pt force. Isn't that national?

luke20061

I would love to bid into an Article 22 job and give a younger member a shot at my driving job. At our center only part timers are allowed to bid a 22, and once they are in they stay in until they quit. Our local claims the only way a ft driver can bid a 22 is if the current 22 bids a driving job. What's up with that?
Hello, you need to file a grievance for seniority violation. The job is open to only full time employees, then part time employees all based on seniority. So if you have a feeder driver who wants the job and has the oldest seniority date he will get it.

luke20061

I hate to tell you, but you might be mistaken...
What would I be mistaken about. Full time positions are open to full time people first based on seniority. If your union interprets as hire date in seniority that would be fine too but either way who ever has the most seniority will get the job. I just took a 22.3 position after driving for 20 years.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hello, you need to file a grievance for seniority violation. The job is open to only full time employees, then part time employees all based on seniority. So if you have a feeder driver who wants the job and has the oldest seniority date he will get it.

I hate to tell you, but the post you replied to is 16 years old.

Gman33909

Seems like 97 fighting for more full time inside jobs, I'm in a hub with about 400+ employees and only seen 3, 22.3 bids sheets in 3 years, I'm sure it's different in each region.

PT Car Washer

Seems like 97 fighting for more full time inside jobs, I'm in a hub with about 400+ employees and only seen 3, 22.3 bids sheets in 3 years, I'm sure it's different in each region.
My building has posted 25 in the last month or so. Had to because no one will work at UPS for minimum wages.

Up In Smoke

In our area, the Art 22 positions are filled through the classification transfer process. First is regional within classification, then internally full time and last part time. Bid sheets in our area would only be posted for current 22s to change jobs or shifts.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
What would I be mistaken about. Full time positions are open to full time people first based on seniority. If your union interprets as hire date in seniority that would be fine too but either way who ever has the most seniority will get the job. I just took a 22.3 position after driving for 20 years.
Nope. CURRENT FT inside jobs go to full timers, NEWLY CREATED FT inside jobs go to us

542thruNthru

Not in the Southwest.