As A Stockholder I Propose........

over9five

Staff member
The awarding of A shares does keep management in control of the company. A shares essentially give management 10 votes for every B share. B shares are publicly traded shares.

I think you need to substitute "employees" for "management".

ups79

The retiree lawsuit was on how ups valued the stock while it was private. If we lose that one then we would have had to use some other basis to value the stock. It would not have forced us public.

annie casey is completely seperate from ups and thus not management controlled.

The awarding of A shares does keep management in control of the company. A shares essentially give management 10 votes for every B share. B shares are publicly traded shares.

But management is on the board of the foundation and it is the board who determines voting of the shares own by the foundation.

tieguy

Banned
But management is on the board of the foundation and it is the board who determines voting of the shares own by the foundation.

you may have a point not sure. No upsers in senior leadership positions or on the management committee. The board of trustees however is loaded with ex ups big shots such as eskew, moderow, suppotta , kelly and tyler.

In any case I would think the group would automatically assign thier voting rights to the ups leadership group when it comes time to meet.

rushfan

Bringing back the Circle of Honor Banquet, YOS, and Safe Driving awards-Instead of spending money on an enterprise whose driver has never won a race!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The old ups that was private was more family and or teamwork oriented following the teachings of visionary Jim Casey. GRHS.

This one is now run by an outsider and the concepts of casey sit in a dusty box in the retention room.

I think I've been fairly consistent on that point here.

As true as you are, You say this to an upper-management clown and you'd get run out of town.
Apparently, Mr. Casey's philosophies are old aged and are unfeasible in this century. His company's employees do it for the money now, not for the service.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"His company's employees do it for the money now, not for the service."

Hef...and you do it because brown is slimming??? Everybody works their job for the paycheck ...... period, the end!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
"His company's employees do it for the money now, not for the service."

Hef...and you do it because brown is slimming??? Everybody works their job for the paycheck ...... period, the end!!

I wasn't speaking of indiviuals here, I was speaking of the company in the whole. Management's ONLY concern is not to waste too much money, and that cut in the pie IS SERVICE.

You put a driver from the 60's into a car now and they'd be gone by Friday. I would never say they didn't work hard, but when you're treated like a robot, expected to deliver like a robot, you break down like a robot. 5 guys went on comp in the last week in my center. 5
Add that to the 2 that were on there previously and you have yourself a big mess here. The company will pay eventually for cutting routes and working drivers into the ground. But I'm sure all the other drivers will have to recite safety slogans because I guess that's what put the 7 on comp in the first place.