As my name implies, I'm new.

NoobHandler

So I just started UPS this month and would like some tips, and/or tricks to help me in the warehouse. I'm a trick loader and would like to know if there's any easier way to do things there. Also I would like to know the benefits and cons to joining the union. Thanks!

km3

Cons to joining the union? Dues. That's pretty much it. The benefit is that the local will be more aggressive in trying to protect you/your job than they might be with those who decide not to join the union. Technically they're supposed to put forth the same effort, but I doubt that happens in most RTW locations.

Join the union.

Dr.Brownz

Join the union

Dont be one of those scabs who doesnt and then suddenly when ups screws them they want union help kind of people. Yout coworkers will look down on you for not joining

Join the union

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
He knows from experience.
Pocket dialing extreme. Talk about crappy connection?

n5AV87.gif

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I just started UPS this month and would like some tips, and/or tricks to help me in the warehouse. I'm a trick loader and would like to know if there's any easier way to do things there. Also I would like to know the benefits and cons to joining the union. Thanks!
Easier way to load? Make stacks and load em in the trucks according to PAL. It's not rocket science.

El Correcto

god is dead
Step 1 show up to work on time
Step 2 be safe
Step 3 do what they tell you
Step 4 don't forget to clock out.

Bonus tip: you don't even know a union exsist in your 30 day, wouldn't even mention it. Day 31 you join it.