assigned routes

T-Bone

Several months ago, a route was up for bid and no one bid on it so it was assigned to the driver with lowest seniority. Now, I would like to have the route and as a driver with more seniority I feel I should be able to bump him off the route since he never signed the job bid. Can I do this? Or is it assigned to him permanently unless he is able to bid off it.

ups1990

I, dont' know what your situation was while the route was up for bid. Is your route now cut?

For those now using PAS. Have you noticed that the routes once considered "split" or "trash". Are now the A routes under EDD and are easier and always in. Some senior drivers have routes that ended being towards the end of the loop and get cut.

I, dont' know what your situation was while the route was up for bid. Is your route now cut?

For those now using PAS. Have you noticed that the routes once considered "split" or "trash". Are now the A routes under EDD and are easier and always in. Some senior drivers have routes that ended being towards the end of the loop and get cut.
That's happening to me right now. Oh well, they always find a way to give us the shaft.

M

Mike23

I've never bidded on a route but was told by a good sup of mine that you could possibly get it done by talking to your union about it. I don't know how much of that is true but worth a try?

Johney

Are you both unassigned senior drivers? I know you said it was assigned to the other driver but did he/she actually bid it? Here all the unbid senior drivers pick through what is available for that day by seniority. The managers will do "staffing " in the a.m. then when the drivers start coming in they switch routes/drivers around.

Ex: Driver John comes in and is assigned to route A but driver Steve has more seniority and says he is doing rte A. So John does what Steve was planned on or bumps someone else. Does that make sense? It gets very touchy sometimes with all the swapping that can go on.