Assigning dates for vacation selection

Is Management allowed to assign dates for Vacation selection?

• Total voters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Last year they started selecting vacation picks black friday the day after thanksgiving. Lol
Many centers start in October. My wife's work has already done their vacation picks.

I wish we had it all done by the time peak started but my center waits later.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Why would you not want them to put out a calendar with the date and order you are to pick...seems like an easier way to make sure your seniority is actually followed.

My building posts a calendar with about 5 people per day listed in seniority order. There is no reason an employee needs to wait until that day to prepare. I sent my wife the date I am choosing a few weeks ago and we already have a list of weeks I hope to get. the day before I'll have a good idea of what weeks I'll actually have a shot at.

Seems like a lot of bigger things to get ticked off at IMO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Many centers start in October. My wife's work has already done their vacation picks.

I wish we had it all done by the time peak started but my center waits later.

We don't start until the first week of January; however, we are also told to let them know before then if we would like to take vacation during the first quarter.

AKupser

Ice Queen (Elsa)
Tell me what you think about Management assigning dates for vacation selection.
I am so sorry I wasn't very clear on the subject, to make it clear my manager wanted to alter the contract in order for the lead driver to have 7 days to choose his vacation vs. the "2 days or be passed" that's in the contract. He wanted to assign each person in my center a Friday and Monday each week to select their vacation, bypassing the "or be passed" wording and intent of the contract.

For the record, everything is by seniority! I am the #2 driver in a very small center.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am so sorry I wasn't very clear on the subject, to make it clear my manager wanted to alter the contract in order for the lead driver to have 7 days to choose his vacation vs. the "2 days or be passed" that's in the contract. He wanted to assign each person in my center a Friday and Monday each week to select their vacation, bypassing the "or be passed" wording and intent of the contract.

For the record, everything is by seniority! I am the #2 driver in a very small center.

As long as everyone is given the same consideration I don't see where there would be an issue.