At the range with 2 new toys....

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Here is a neat little part of my collection.

Its a Colt Police Positive .38 Special that was my great-grandfathers service revolver. He was too old for the military during WWII (his son, my grandfather, was in the Army Air Corps) so he wound up being a Railroad Policeman who guarded military shipments sent by the rails here in Oregon. I have the gun as well as the original holster, his badge, his photo I.D. card, his nightstick, and a nasty little weapon called a "sap" or a "blackjack" which is a lead ball inside of a woven leather strap that fits in a pocket.

I am planning on making a display case for these items someday. For right now, they are in a drawer except for the gun itself which stays in my safe. I have actually fired the gun; it is in good working order although the bluing is worn off. It is surpisingly accurate for its age, which is at least 75 years old.
holster and badge.jpg
colt 2.jpg

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Here is a neat little part of my collection.

Its a Colt Police Positive .38 Special that was my great-grandfathers service revolver. He was too old for the military during WWII (his son, my grandfather, was in the Army Air Corps) so he wound up being a Railroad Policeman who guarded military shipments sent by the rails here in Oregon. I have the gun as well as the original holster, his badge, his photo I.D. card, his nightstick, and a nasty little weapon called a "sap" or a "blackjack" which is a lead ball inside of a woven leather strap that fits in a pocket.

I am planning on making a display case for these items someday. For right now, they are in a drawer except for the gun itself which stays in my safe. I have actually fired the gun; it is in good working order although the bluing is worn off. It is surpisingly accurate for its age, which is at least 75 years old.
I bet that gun is loud enough to scare away any "pain in the neck" innocent bystanders.:wink2: