Atheism ON TOPIC

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Joel Osteen has never had a real job in his entire life and is only a millionaire because of his family and his ability to scam the people around him.

He should run for president.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
A more pointed reference is the quote ... It is harder for a rich man to go to heaven than it is to pass a rope through the eye of a needle.

Camel and rope are the same word in Hellinic Greek in the Middle East.
Makes one wonder what else was misinterpreted by the scribes in the Early Catholic church.
Christ wasn’t referring to the eye of a literal needle—that would be preposterous. Instead, He was talking about a narrow entrance into the city of Jerusalem, a gate known locally as “the eye of the needle.” This gate was so small that a camel could only be brought through with great difficulty, squeezed through on its knees—which depicts how we humbly need to come to the Lord.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Christ wasn’t referring to the eye of a literal needle—that would be preposterous. Instead, He was talking about a narrow entrance into the city of Jerusalem, a gate known locally as “the eye of the needle.” This gate was so small that a camel could only be brought through with great difficulty, squeezed through on its knees—which depicts how we humbly need to come to the Lord.
Nope ... Made up to cover up the non-idiomatic translation of the Helenic Greek which was the written language of the Middle Eastern scribes in the time of Jesus.
Rope through the eye of the needle is how Jesus would have communicated with the poor of the Nazareth area.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe the point was that it’s hard for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

See what I did there? Cut right through the stupid crap and got to the real meaning.

bbsam

Staff member
No one is going to heaven. See what I did there? Cut right through all the crap and told the truth.
That’s what you believe. Me? I’m not trying to get to heaven. Just enjoying God on earth. And you’re enjoying “not God” on earth. What’s the problem?

vantexan

Nope ... Made up to cover up the non-idiomatic translation of the Helenic Greek which was the written language of the Middle Eastern scribes in the time of Jesus.
Rope through the eye of the needle is how Jesus would have communicated with the poor of the Nazareth area.
The "Eye of the Needle" was a gate within the bigger gates of walled cities back then. It allowed people to pass while keeping camel caravans outside the city at night. It wasn't impose for a camel to pass through, but was extremely difficult. That was the point made about the rich.

El Correcto

god is dead
That’s what you believe. Me? I’m not trying to get to heaven. Just enjoying God on earth. And you’re enjoying “not God” on earth. What’s the problem?
I’m enjoying watching you back track on what God is. Keep it up Bb, soon you’ll be living without delusions.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The "Eye of the Needle" was a gate within the bigger gates of walled cities back then. It allowed people to pass while keeping camel caravans outside the city at night. It wasn't impose for a camel to pass through, but was extremely difficult. That was the point made about the rich.
Your scholars can argue with my scholars ... No one knows for sure anyway.