Atomic

standtall

You can't hurt my feelings, I left them at home.
Walmart hires a lot of people that aren't capable of working other jobs. In fact they've helped move more Americans off of government assistance that any other. Maybe instead of denigrating those employees for wearing a blue apron we should pat them on the back for their hard work instead of being a drain on society.
Your ridiculous, they pay there employees less than a livable wages in MOST markets. Wal-Mart has more of there employees on public assistance through food stamps than any other corporation in the U.S. all while making billions. The immediate Walton family has more wealth than the bottom 1/3 if the entire U.S. combined, yet can't pay a living wage. Keep championing them snuff, it shows your colors.

standtall

If you were capable of simple math you would be able to conclude that union membership between 2006 & 2013 grew in RTW states by .5% while it declined in forced union states by 4.6%. I gave you the BLS data. What more do you want? They don't produce that data in bumper sticker form.
First of all what is "forced union" states? If you don't like unions, work a non union job. Problem solved. Secondly, your data is false and you know it is false. Said documention only shows the overall decline of union jobs a a whole since republican inception of polices similar since the Reagan years (ie. The beginning of the war in workers).

Last edited:

standtall

Except incomes are rising faster in RTW states as is union membership.[/Q. Of course it would raise a wages when that company shut down it's union operation to move it to a RTW state that has a poverty rate of 45%. Doesn't take much in the form of wages to raise that standard. It's still a net loss in GOOD union jobs.

Last edited:

standtall

Except incomes are rising faster in RTW states as is union membership.
This comment is exactly the same as saying that it is good to move jobs to Mexico because it raises the Mexican stardard of living, even though it lowers the U.S. standard because of our net loss of jobs. What the he#@ is wrong with you?

standtall

No, I realize what the union does & has done but I also realize what they've quit doing & that's putting their members first. The freeloaders are the 1% union fat-cats taking my dues & yours to make themselves rich off of our labor.
Vote them out !!! Stop being a lazy freeloader and use the tools that are at your disposal to fix your perceived problem!

Last edited:

standtall

Who is denigrating the workers? Walmart is to blame, not the employees.
Walmart subsidizes corporate profit with taxpayer dollars. They choose to pay less than a living wage, and shift the responsibility of just compensation onto the taxpayers through entitlement benefits like welfare, food stamps, and medicaid, of which their employees are the number one recipients in almost every state.
We're not talking about a mom and pop store who pays a teenager minimum wage, this is a company making 15 Billion dollars in profit every year.
Yet here you are defending them as some sort of savior for these workers who "aren't capable of working other jobs". Laughable.
Let's see what kind of made up data he has to refute this.

Atomic_Smurf

First of all what is "forced union" states? If you don't like unions, work a non union job. Problem solved. Secondly, your data is false and you know it is false. Said documention only shows the overall decline of union jobs a a whole since republican inception of polices similar since the Reagan years (ie. The beginning of the war in workers).
The "overall decline of union jobs as a whole" is because the decline of union representation in non-RTW states is out pacing the net gain of union membership in RTW states by 4%.

Atomic_Smurf

Who is denigrating the workers? Walmart is to blame, not the employees.
Walmart subsidizes corporate profit with taxpayer dollars. They choose to pay less than a living wage, and shift the responsibility of just compensation onto the taxpayers through entitlement benefits like welfare, food stamps, and medicaid, of which their employees are the number one recipients in almost every state.
We're not talking about a mom and pop store who pays a teenager minimum wage, this is a company making 15 Billion dollars in profit every year.
Yet here you are defending them as some sort of savior for these workers who "aren't capable of working other jobs". Laughable.
How much is " a living wage"? What is UPS's union negotiated starting wage? Do you tip underpaid Walmart employees & preloaders? Are you one of those anti-Walmart tough guys that shows your union pride by shopping at Target?

Walmart has a long history of hiring people that are on government assistance & their employees trend AWAY from that assistance over time, not toward it. If only everyone on welfare had a Walmart job instead.

Atomic_Smurf

You just told everyone on this forum that you believe that election weaken a democratic system!!! That has to be the most outrageous thing I've ever heard from a "union" member in my entire life, and I'm friggin old! Voting is a primary responsibility of a citizen in the United States! No wonder you're so gung-ho like a school girl for RTW. Apparently your not even a true American. Wow!
You seem to have a real problem grasping & understanding simple ideas & statements. Ever other post it seems I have to go back & correct your complete misunderstanding. What I said was electing sellouts every 5 years is hurting unions. That's not to say we shouldn't have elections but that there needs to be a check on these leaders WHILE they hold power. We've been watching Hoffa diminish our unions power for years now because he's not concerned about us, only about his pals in Washington.

standtall

The "overall decline of union jobs as a whole" is because the decline of union representation in non-RTW states is out pacing the net gain of union membership in RTW states by 4%.
The overall decline of union workers is a direct result of RTW. RTW states attract companies that have union shops in strong union states. They shut the plants down in the unionized states and relocate in RTW states, net result= less union jobs hence the overall decline of union jobs as a whole. Simple math smurf. Also, we all know that the figures you post are fictional but at least try to be consistent. That 4% you just posted was the same example you posted as .4% a hand full of posts ago. Wow , a net gain of 3.6% in about 10 posts. Your such a fraud.

Atomic_Smurf

They're definitely anti government, until it comes to labor issues, then the more government involvement the better. Hypocrites!!!!
We are for limited government as our constitution defines. You being a liberal I wouldn't expect you to know the first thing about what that means.

Atomic_Smurf

Vote them out !!! Stop being a lazy freeloader and use the tools that are at your disposal to fix your perceived problem!
Do you not see the same problem as I? Do you think its okay to give back the gains made by past union members so that Democrats can legislate away a portion of our health care earnings? Those earnings are being a taken away, converted into subsidies & redistributed to a voting class that would rather vote than work. Freeloaders don't deliver 150+ stops a day, load a thousand packages each morning or spend night after night moving loads across miles of highway.

standtall

You seem to have a real problem grasping & understanding simple ideas & statements. Ever other post it seems I have to go back & correct your complete misunderstanding. What I said was electing sellouts every 5 years is hurting unions. That's not to say we shouldn't have elections but that there needs to be a check on these leaders WHILE they hold power. We've been watching Hoffa diminish our unions power for years now because he's not concerned about us, only about his pals in Washington.
I understand you and your "simple ideas and statements" all to well. They are very simplistic and short sighted. They reek of far right wing union busting ideology. It's unmistakable and one can only come to one of two conclusions. Either your a union hating hypocritical fraud or your an unwitting, simple minded pawn of the tea party. One thing is for sure, UPS and all other large corporations love people like you, they don't even have to pay you extra to "divide and conquer" the Union, you do it for free. And that's what all of this RTW craps is really all about.

standtall

How much is " a living wage"? What is UPS's union negotiated starting wage? Do you tip underpaid Walmart employees & preloaders? Are you one of those anti-Walmart tough guys that shows your union pride by shopping at Target?

Walmart has a long history of hiring people that are on government assistance & their employees trend AWAY from that assistance over time, not toward it. If only everyone on welfare had a Walmart job instead.
Many people that work at Wal-Mart are on "welfare" in one form or another. It's the only way they can survive.

standtall

Do you not see the same problem as I? Do you think its okay to give back the gains made by past union members so that Democrats can legislate away a portion of our health care earnings? Those earnings are being a taken away, converted into subsidies & redistributed to a voting class that would rather vote than work. Freeloaders don't deliver 150+ stops a day, load a thousand packages each morning or spend night after night moving loads across miles of highway.
Freeloaders advocate for not paying dues which will destroy the Union that has negotiated there wages and benefits. NO UNION= NO INDUSTRY LEADING WAGES AND BENEFITS!!! SIMPLE!!!!

Atomic_Smurf

The overall decline of union workers is a direct result of RTW. RTW states attract companies that have union shops in strong union states. They shut the plants down in the unionized states and relocate in RTW states, net result= less union jobs hence the overall decline of union jobs as a whole. Simple math smurf. Also, we all know that the figures you post are fictional but at least try to be consistent. That 4% you just posted was the same example you posted as .4% a hand full of posts ago. Wow , a net gain of 3.6% in about 10 posts. Your such a fraud.
Lol..you have absolutely no grasp on what I've said, very sad & confused. There is no discrepancy in what I've said.

RTW states union membership up .5%
Non-RTW state membership down 4.6%
That is an overall decline of union membership of roughly 4% or 4.1% to be exact. You are focusing on the overall decline but not wanting to acknowledge where that decline is taking place. I don't know if that is out of ignorance or denial.