Attention abused Express drivers

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Add to the list; training of new hires cut to 3 days. Meaning if you drive a neighboring route, work will be shifted to you until he is up to speed. Also since he was not sufficiently trained, its more likely he will quit sooner starting the process all over again. The revolving door isn't just bad for customers and HR.

That wouldn't work with my manager. He was a runner and could knock out a route. He would probably run my route faster than I care to at this point in my career. Lol.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I was correcting the information given and not disputing how long it takes to top out. You cannot start FDX as a handler and move into management a year later. Decide after a year its not for you and you step down to be a courier. You don't go in at top of range at that point. You will need to spend at least 2 years in management. So it is not regardless of years of service. Maybe years of service if you spent your whole career as a courier, but not in other positions within the company.
Not sure where you got your (mis)information, but you are WRONG. I don't care whether it's "policy " or rumor, I know for a fact that this is not the case. There is a saying that the exception invalidates the rule. There are two couriers at my station who are topped out, and were managers for less than two years, both with less seniority than me. FedEx topping out their pay as couriers, for failing as managers is insulting. They are both C-grade couriers at best.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not sure where you got your (mis)information, but you are WRONG. I don't care whether it's "policy " or rumor, I know for a fact that this is not the case. There is a saying that the exception invalidates the rule. There are two couriers at my station who are topped out, and were managers for less than two years, both with less seniority than me. FedEx topping out their pay as couriers, for failing as managers is insulting. They are both C-grade couriers at best.

I know of several managers who were in the position for less than 2 years and got topped-out when they crashed and burned. Perhaps the policy has changed.

whenIgetthere

I know one who was in mgmnt 6 months, was downgraded when management ranks were thinned, and was topped out, 22 years old. Worst courier I ever met, most arrogant kool aid drinker I have met, and poor souls who work at his new station, he's back in management.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I know one who was in mgmnt 6 months, was downgraded when management ranks were thinned, and was topped out, 22 years old. Worst courier I ever met, most arrogant kool aid drinker I have met, and poor souls who work at his new station, he's back in management.
When it comes to management, FedEx is real good at picking the cream of the crap.

vantexan

I know of several managers who were in the position for less than 2 years and got topped-out when they crashed and burned. Perhaps the policy has changed.
I was told by several mgrs it's one year then back to courier topped out. Artee seemed certain so thought policy had changed.