Auditors

ChadBrunn

We have auditors in our Center today. Can we receive discipline if we don't know the answers to all these questions? I don't ever study the driving stuff because I'm always back and forth from driving to preload. Thanks for any input.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Even though you should know the intent of the stuff, no. They are really auditing your management teams abilities.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you associate the number in the commentary with the commentary itself, it's much easier to learn. They use to phrase it that way. I will have to find it and type it in for you. It helps immensely.
You know, the 1,2,3,4. Arrange them in a different sequence than they have them. It really works.:happy-very:

brownrod

When I was part time we were told we would be fired if we couldn't answer the auditors questions correctly. The truth is that the supervisors are the only ones who needed to fear for their jobs.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We usually get told a day in advance if auditors are going to be there. I usually show up 1 minute before start and don't hang around any longer than absolutely necessary. :wink2:

ChadBrunn

I had no clue they were gonna be there. So I started my normal morning routine, seen them, then went outside to my personal truck and waited for start time. They don't give us time to study in the clock and I sure as hell won't be studying off the clock.

brownelf

As long as you're making a honest effort to learn DOK, you may get an earful from the boss but you shouldn't get displinary action. But making a statement like you won't, will bring the wrath of UPS upon you. JMO

Packmule

Using the same idea as "a good kid likes milk," memorize these sentences:
1 One look counts as a maintained check. (1st 5 of the 10 point commentary)
2 Scan stale maintenence logs before pulling the established ones. (2nd 5 of 10 point.)
3 The safe path is to stay back and scan the unexpected gamble. (I'll let you guess!)
4 Walk established conveyors and look for needed adjustments. (slips and falls...)
I know they are screwy, but they have been helping me for years now.

Last edited:

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i printed the safe work methods and the 10 point commentary and keep them in my log. I pull them out as needed and everyone's happy.
I once had an auditor tell me i couldnt read the answers off the paper,and i asked him why it was ok for him to read the questions off paper? He turned red and walked off

cino321

Using the same idea as "a good kid likes milk," memorize these sentences:
1 One look counts as a maintained check. (1st 5 of the 10 point commentary)
2 Scan stale maintenence logs before pulling the established ones. (2nd 5 of 10 point.)
3 The safe path is to stay back and scan the unexpected gamble. (I'll let you guess!)
4 Walk established conveyors and look for needed adjustments. (slips and falls...)
I know they are screwy, but they have been helping me for years now.

Oh boy.. I thought I was confused before, but now...

menotyou

bella amicizia
1) Starting up at Intersection
Look left, right, and left. Check rear view mirrors.

2)When stopped in traffic
When stopped in traffic, a car length of space is required from the vehicle ahead.
This will allow enough space to pull your car around the vehicle ahead if it should stall
and will give you an instant cushion if it should make a turn.

3) Count one-two-three after the vehicle ahead has started to move.
This step is to be followed when stopped at an intersection behind another vehicle.
Check rear view mirrors.

4)Four to six seconds following time for speeds under 30; 6-8 seconds for speeds over 30 mph.
This is to keep you from getting a fixation on the car ahead and to allow time to
obtain and hold the proper eye-lead time.

5) Use of mirrors.
As a rule of thumb, once every 5-8 seconds.

6)Scan steering wheels
Look and see whether or not cars at the curb are occupied. this is the only time
they are a threat. If they are occupied the driver is probably about to exit from
the car or pull from the curb.

7)Stale green light.
The point of decision is an imaginary line that you set up between your vehicle
and the crosswalk when you are approaching an intersection with a stale green light.
Since you are not sure of the light, you must be sure of the point behind which you
will stop if the light should start to change. This helps you get the big picture.

8)Eight to twelve seconds eye-lead time.
This is the best was to keep you eyes ahead of your wheels and is the depth at
which your eyes should be focused most of the time.

9)Pulling from the curb
Glance over left shoulder when pulling from curb.

10)Eye Contact
When you must depend on anyone along the edge of your driving path to stay
put until you are past the danger point, it is imperative that you get their attention.
The horn and lights are your communication tools when you do not have eye contact.
Proper use of the horn to express friendly messages seem in many instances to be a lost art.
Only when you have eye contact can you expect the other person to act in a
reasonable manner to avoid a dangerous situation.