August 2018

JL 0513

Don't know what insurance you have, but for most UPS employees, it is Teamcare.

A few have different plans, but the majority is Teamcare and it is NOT a Cadillac Plan.

I don't think their definition of a Cadillac plan has to be necessarily one of the best plans. There are entry level Caddy's too. Remember we are talking about a government (Democrats) who think you're "rich" if you make $200K/yr. In reality, that's far from rich especially after they take 40% (all taxes combined).

Admit it or not, we still have very good insurance. They paid 100% of my children's births in the last few years, for example. The person at the hospital who processed our insurance said she never sees that anymore.

People signing up to Obamacare are finding $5,000, $10,000,... deductibles.

So ours will very likely get this tax.

JL 0513

You can be assured that this will spell the end of "Cadillac" plans offered by employers. Must punish success! These plans should be applauded and the few employers who offer them should be praised. Yet, this administration made it a point to punish them. The same ones saying they care so much about healthcare. Employers will now only offer insurance up to the tax threshold. So if this threshold does include our plans, expect another plan downgrade in the next contract.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Me personally, I voted no. Did I like the wage increases, yes. Did I like the 4 year progression, no. Did I like members forced into team care, no. Did I like stronger language on sure post, yes. Did I like that our future pensions are to be determined, no.Did I like the part time wage increase, yes. I would vote no on capping future employees, if it was so I could have a raise again., and definitely no if my wages stayed the same. I think our pensions need to be shored up and improved more than a wage increase.

Our local has taken the last 2 raises. With a rumor of the last raise, will be going to the pension plan . Right now our top rate is 33 plus change. Pension is in critical status. So, it doesn't work

PT Car Washer

Our local has taken the last 2 raises. With a rumor of the last raise, will be going to the pension plan . Right now our top rate is 33 plus change. Pension is in critical status. So, it doesn't work
Does the your Local only take the FT raises to prop up the your pension or do they take the PTers raises also?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You can be assured that this will spell the end of "Cadillac" plans offered by employers. Must punish success! These plans should be applauded and the few employers who offer them should be praised. Yet, this administration made it a point to punish them. The same ones saying they care so much about healthcare. Employers will now only offer insurance up to the tax threshold. So if this threshold does include our plans, expect another plan downgrade in the next contract.
It doesn't.

Top rate drivers make close or above 100k a year, benefits, pension, plenty of vacation weeks.. Might be time to humble ourselves a bit and see we have it better than a vast majority of the country.. Talk of a strike would be laughable to me. Yea there's a lot of overtime.. Harassment at times.. But any job that gives what UPS does has these in place as well. I appreciate what UPS has done for my family.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Our plan is not a Cadillac plan.

The threshold is $10,200 for individual and $27,500 for the family plan.

Team care is well below that.

Not to say that Obama will change that threshold to get more tax money.

By The Book

Sorry to hear that. Are they using the new language that was just added to your supplement that says they can? I'm making $33 and change and if they took your last 2 wage increases (100% of them, $1.40) that doesn't add up. I would be making 32.49 if they took our last two wage increase. What is your current pay rate, and am I reading your post wrong.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Our plan is not a Cadillac plan.

The threshold is $10,200 for individual and $27,500 for the family plan.

Team care is well below that.

Not to say that Obama will change that threshold to get more tax money.
The threshold will most certainly change. It will rise, because it is tied to the consumer price index.
The problems don't come until a decade or so down the road, since medical inflation rises at a higher rate than normal inflation. It may eventually be an issue for us, but most likely not in the next contract.

3 done 3 to go

Sorry to hear that. Are they using the new language that was just added to your supplement that says they can? I'm making $33 and change and if they took your last 2 wage increases (100% of them, $1.40) that doesn't add up. I would be making 32.49 if they took our last two wage increase. What is your current pay rate, and am I reading your post wrong.

I'm sorry I'm at 32.12. Worse than I thought. Better than most

3 done 3 to go

No. They pulled this stunt at the end of the last contract. They came with a vote. 55yrs of age plus 30 yrs (added 4 more yrs to me) full pension. 5500 a month. If I leave at 51 with 30. 4100. I still think it is illegal

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No and this just pisses me off to no end. You've obviously :censored2:ed up my money so just give me my raise and let me worry about my retirement.

By The Book

No. They pulled this stunt at the end of the last contract. They came with a vote. 55yrs of age plus 30 yrs (added 4 more yrs to me) full pension. 5500 a month. If I leave at 51 with 30. 4100. I still think it is illegal
What you may not agree with at this moment may be something you agree with in the long run. I have said that our pensions need more attention for over 20 years. I've also said that the locals need to do something so they don't fail. I know I would rather have a pension and my current wages over the current raises and a reduced pension. When you compare what is contributed on your behalf and what you were getting as a yearly annual increase, it's a joke. Using their numbers they are saying they are able to pay you 25% more in 4 years., and your pension will be secure for the long run. Only time will tell, and the pension reps say once earned its guaranteed. They may drop accrual rates but they can't reduce what you've earned. Thanks for the post!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What you may not agree with at this moment may be something you agree with in the long run. I have said that our pensions need more attention for over 20 years. I've also said that the locals need to do something so they don't fail. I know I would rather have a pension and my current wages over the current raises and a reduced pension. When you compare what is contributed on your behalf and what you were getting as a yearly annual increase, it's a joke. Using their numbers they are saying they are able to pay you 25% more in 4 years., and your pension will be secure for the long run. Only time will tell, and the pension reps say once earned its guaranteed. They may drop accrual rates but they can't reduce what you've earned. Thanks for the post!
The amount of money being put in to our pensions is staggering. We should all be millionaires.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Everyone needs to put out a maximum effort during contract time for pensions. It may sound great initially, if everything is paid out like it's supposed to be, but it doesn't go very far. I will give you an example using my situation. I won't give specifics, since I don't have all the exact numbers in front of me, but in-the-ballpark-figures. Here in CS we (up until the last contract) got $100.00/per year of service up to $3500.00. The new contract added $200.00/month to that. Grand total= $3700.00/mo. Now we go downhill. The retirement check is taxable and withheld from like a regular paycheck. (first chunk out of the gross) I wanted to take the $3700 max payout when I retired. Retiree receives the $3700.00/mo till I go to the big brown truck in the sky. Spouse receives $0 at my death. Wife said that's not fair. So we opted for the 80% option. The gross is smaller monthly, but if I predecease, the checks keep coming to the wife for the rest of her life.(second chunk out of the gross). Insurance. Ah, insurance. Wife and I are both not in the best of health. I opted for the $400.00/month insurance for the both of us. (third chunk of the gross) You can imagine what the net amount is after everything is deducted out. Please, everyone, max out your 401k if at all possible. Do everything you can to prepare for your golden years. Get those ducks in a row. Hopefully everyone's pension will stay intact and be there 100% for you when you retire. Thanks for your time. Tex.

By The Book

The amount of money being put in to our pensions is staggering. We should all be millionaires.
I was doing a little math. At $16.00 an hour a pension at 100% of wages is $33280. At$20.00 it's $41680. At $25.00 it's $52000. It seems that around this level we are seeing where the amount we will get is less and less when compared to our current wage levels. A more accurate way to feel better about what we are going to receive would be to average out our hourly rate for all years worked to retirement. If you make $100,000.00 a year and your pension is $50,000.00 on the surface it seems as if your pension is only 50% of earnings. Throughout your entire career it averages up.