Public perception

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
It’s absurdly high in California.
Move out of the white areas....
Red? Blue? There's probably a rainbow if you prefer...
1694649876008.png

PT Car Washer

Good for you.

It's not from your PT pension....
Three legged stool. Pensions, Social Security and dividends from IRA and 401k. A lot of hard work and self sacrifice. I know those words are foreign to most of you young people. Why keep working? Because I enjoy it and it keeps me active and out of trouble. Making more money now then I have ever in my life for the easiest work I have ever had.

Thebrownblob

Three legged stool. Pensions, Social Security and dividends from IRA and 401k. A lot of hard work and self sacrifice. I know those words are foreign to most of you young people. Why keep working? Because I enjoy it and it keeps me active and out of trouble. Making more money now then I have ever in my life for the easiest work I have ever had.
Don’t wait too long to enjoy it.

PT Car Washer

Sure but I know a lot of guys that waited, too long had strokes and other ailments before they left. You can never get your health back.
I am convinced that a lot of ailments are from a sedentary lifestyle. Including mental illness and substance abuse. Most people need a reason to get up in the morning.

PPH_over_9000

Most people need a reason to get up in the morning.

That's actually one of the most ridiculous realizations I've heard or seen in the past week at least.

Of course most people need a reason to get up in the morning.

Those of us that can actually recall our dreams (I'm not sure where you fall on that spectrum, PT, I'm just generalizing) realize that our mind is more amazing than anything life can throw at you.

Unless we're talkin' DMT. DMT trumps a dream every time, but we're technically only supposed to experience it when we're dying.

I also think you're close to hitting the mark, but I attribute to a lack of community and social awareness the same things you attribute to a sedentary lifestyle. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive but I do think the social component plays a larger roll in maladaptive tendencies than the level of physical activity a person engages themselves with on a regular basis.

PT Car Washer

That's actually one of the most ridiculous realizations I've heard or seen in the past week at least.

Of course most people need a reason to get up in the morning.

Those of us that can actually recall our dreams (I'm not sure where you fall on that spectrum, PT, I'm just generalizing) realize that our mind is more amazing than anything life can throw at you.

Unless we're talkin' DMT. DMT trumps a dream every time, but we're technically only supposed to experience it when we're dying.
Whats a DMT?

PPH_over_9000

di-methyl triptaline! It's a chemical your body (or maybe just your brain?) releases upon imminent death.
It's related to the South/Central American ayahuasca (essentially the same active ingredient, ayahuasca is just a prepared concoction from indigenous plants.)

I've never tried it myself but hey, I hope you don't mind Joe Rogan explaining it::

PT Car Washer

di-methyl triptaline! It's a chemical your body (or maybe just your brain?) releases upon imminent death.
It's related to the South/Central American ayahuasca (essentially the same active ingredient, ayahuasca is just a prepared concoction from indigenous plants.)

I've never tried it myself but hey, I hope you don't mind Joe Rogan explaining it::

Back in the day the response to your post would be "Are you trippen?"