Automotive Cuts

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
How many automotive supes do they need
to train the grease monkeys how to write
“Parts on order ok to run”

Funny thing is they don't want us writing that. Back when I had a package fleet I got into it with my sup over that. I asked her then what do you want us to write when we don't have time to fix something that is not a immediate concern in order to do your telematics or whatever other stupid metric your chasing this month.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
my 17 year auto manager was told he is done end of the month- sad cause he is one of the good ones

Sucks to see someone that is good go but honestly do we really need all these mangement jobs?

We schedule our own work

We order our own parts

We diag and fix the trucks

Really other than checking our paperwork and ordering tools I really don't see how useful the majority of them are. Honestly,I can't even remember the last time I got any instruction from them on what to get done or any training from them. These days most of them are not even former mechanics so what knowledge can I gain from them?

UPSmechanicinblue

Sucks to see someone that is good go but honestly do we really need all these mangement jobs?

We schedule our own work

We order our own parts

We diag and fix the trucks

Really other than checking our paperwork and ordering tools I really don't see how useful the majority of them are. Honestly,I can't even remember the last time I got any instruction from them on what to get done or any training from them. These days most of them are not even former mechanics so what knowledge can I gain from them?
I just feel he should be offered another position in the company instead of just being told he is done end of the month- He has family etc- I do agree on what all you said

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I just feel he should be offered another position in the company instead of just being told he is done end of the month- He has family etc- I do agree on what all you said

There has to be some sort of a severance package when they terminate a long term management employee, 17 years has to count for something.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Lets start with Carol Tome!
But management loves her energy and positivity. It's wildly important. She also looks like Jiminy Glick aka Martin Short. I personally think she is here to hire as many of the downtrodden minorities as possible to be recognized by BET and the LGBTQ+ABCDE when they have their awards ceremonies. Quite a feather in her hat apparently.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
All I can imagine is all the responsibilities per building is going to be pushed onto the center manager

2Down2Many2Go

But management loves her energy and positivity. It's wildly important. She also looks like Jiminy Glick aka Martin Short. I personally think she is here to hire as many of the downtrodden minorities as possible to be recognized by BET and the LGBTQ+ABCDE when they have their awards ceremonies. Quite a feather in her hat apparently.
Smh.....B.ET. lmao

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Funny thing is they don't want us writing that. Back when I had a package fleet I got into it with my sup over that. I asked her then what do you want us to write when we don't have time to fix something that is not a immediate concern in order to do your telematics or whatever other stupid metric your chasing this month.
The exact wording we were told to use is "vehicle OK to operate" plus what ever explanation that was allowable. Could never care less about telematic crap.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I still love the old story when a low life sup ordered the mechanics to put the car on line no matter what ,,, well they worked as directed and put on line ,,, it was then loaded without an engine !! 😂😂😂. 🍺