Automotive Cuts

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
I am hearing that a number of Fleet Managers, Supervisors and Automotive Admin's were told that Oct 31st would be their last day.
Seems like a interesting time of the year for tightening the belt...

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am hearing that a number of Fleet Managers, Supervisors and Automotive Admin's were told that Oct 31st would be their last day.
Seems like a interesting time of the year for tightening the belt...

Are they offering an early out or reassignment?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
There is a word that is tossed about at UPS in reference to being in management, and that is "Partner".

There was time, when that word "Partner" had meaning beyond what is found in the dictionary. It meant things like:

"To correctly describe a United Parcel Service Partner, the calendar of time would have to be reversed to completely capture what was in the hearts and minds of our Company's founder and early pioneers."

"A UPS partner feels this spirit, yet finds difficulty to fit the words to properly convey and perpetuate the dreams and ideals of "Men of High Motives and Honest Hearts."

"This, therefor is a modest attempt to remind our Partners of some of those qualities that must be acquired, maintained and preserved by each and every Partner."

"I do not work for anyone in our Company. I work with my Partners and with everyone else in United Parcel Service. We are not merely co-workers in our Company, but we are friends working toward a common goal."

"I work for the success of the entire Company rather than for my own personal gain or advantage. I give the benefit of my knowledge and experience to each of my Partners. I want to help them as I know they will help me."

"To me, "Service Comes First" I am dedicated to serving others, -- All of our People--All of our Customers --All of our Business Contacts --and All of the People in the Community. I perform this act of Service with sincerity and honest purpose."

"The financial stability and the future profitable success of our Company are assured when my dedication to Service is performed with the thought of "giving" rather then "receiving."

I believe in the policies of United Parcel Service. I know what they are; I know what they mean; I adhere to them and administer them to the best of my ability."

"Being a partner means "Sharing in All Things". I share in the elation of our successes and I share grave concern when we fail."

"Being a Partner is a way of life. When I was chosen to become a Partner, I know my future was ordained. There is no other path for me"

"I must continually earn my right to this Partnership. My continuance as a Partner is annually re-affirmed after my efforts and my contribution as a Partner have been evaluated. If my Partnership status status is renewed, I know this has happened through the effort and results obtained in the performance of my specific responsibilities and in my overall performance as a Partner."

" I must continually strive for better personal performance. As I grow in my job I know that the opportunities for new partners are occurring. Just as I was at one time a perspective Partner, I must go forward and lead and assist our newer Partners in assuming their role of a true Partner."

"I have a voice in determining the future course of our Company. The management climate in our company is such that I can and should speak out on matters that pertain to our common welfare. I know that I will be heard; I know that my comments will be heard with respect."

"Throughout the years of this partnership I look with confidence toward my own personal well-being. I know that as the Company grows and prospers the financial future of my family and my loved ones is assured."

"I pledge, now and for the future, to always be worthy of the trust and confidence of my fellow Partners."

"These and other qualities of a Partner are my guide for now and for the future. My adherence to these guide lines can well be my legacy for the newer Partners to come."

Yes, the word Partner used to carry that strong evocative meaning. I for one, do not see or feel that the true meaning of the word Partner is followed any more.

Rather, the "few" continually break the faith with the "many"; so that UPS is no longer any place special . . . it is now just another big lumbering, behemoth corporation.

The partnership is dead.

Comments?

:hesaidsmiley:

Any Comments?