Automotive discounts

Thebrownstreak

We had to get a minivan with having our 3rd child. Went and bought a 2011 dodge grand caravan. We first got preapproved for our loan through navy federal credit union. I low balled the sales guy and they didn't bite. I then said to him "let's be honest here. Your in business to make a profit. And I'm not against that. But we both know you can do better". He came back and said no can do. I then said go back to manager and tell him I will pay no more than $400 over your invoice price but I'll give you guys the financing if you can beat what we came in with. It was a win/win for both sides. It took $7000 of sticker by asking for invoice. They dropped our rate by .3% points. And they got the financing. They have deals with banks that pay out a good amount to the dealership. Worked well for us. Good luck

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had to get a minivan with having our 3rd child. Went and bought a 2011 dodge grand caravan. We first got preapproved for our loan through navy federal credit union. I low balled the sales guy and they didn't bite. I then said to him "let's be honest here. Your in business to make a profit. And I'm not against that. But we both know you can do better". He came back and said no can do. I then said go back to manager and tell him I will pay no more than $400 over your invoice price but I'll give you guys the financing if you can beat what we came in with. It was a win/win for both sides. It took $7000 of sticker by asking for invoice. They dropped our rate by .3% points. And they got the financing. They have deals with banks that pay out a good amount to the dealership. Worked well for us. Good luck

I like it when there are more than one dealership for the car you are looking for.........just say, well ,so & so quoted us $500 less than you.
We have that here a lot. It's a short drive from one to the other. Once purchased, the nearest dealer is obligated to service it.

OptimusPrime

You want the best deal? Use the online shopper arrangement. Seems anymore every dealership has "a guy" that works through email, etc. Pit them against each other until you hit rock bottom on price and options. No anxiety of sitting down with a sales person. Best part is, when you hit the price/options point you like, print out the emails, then waltz in. Just show them the papers. Don't take no for an answer, and if they balk at the previous arrangement, show them the deal from a competitor, and tell them good day.

1080Driver

Long story short.......my brother in law has been a car salesman for 15+ years. We were looking to buy a new Jeep in July & he was confident he could get a better deal than what I could get using the Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep Affiliate Reward Program certificate. After working the Jeep Sales Manager over for 2 hours and not being satisfied, we broke out the Affiliates Reward certificate & got a better deal........

Big Babooba

Unfortunately Aston Martin does not participate in the program. I'm going to have to bite the bullet when I buy my new Vanquish roadster.

stink219

Used it on almost every car I purchased. Find out if the car includes a "dealer hold back". That's a certain $ amount that the manufacturer will pay the dealer for selling specific cars for advertisement (not all cars have them). So you can actually purchase the vehicle below dealer cost, but as long as they are making 200-300 bucks from the manufacturer they will close the deal. Saved a ton of cash.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This is probably the best weekend of the year to buy a new car. Its both the end of the month and the 2013 model year officially starts. If you bought a brand new 2012 a few weeks ago, it lost a years worth a value. Sometimes a brand new car can be bought for less than a 1-2 year old used car because of rebates and financing. You would need to buy a 3-4 year old car to get the best value if you want to go the used route.

M

MenInBrown

you can get more off with rebates the dealer already offers than using ups discount

bigblu 2 you

do they stiil make yugos? a neighbor of mine drove one to the mines {carpool}as a work vehicle and was quite proud of it.i told him it came with a rear heated bumper.he looked at me puzzled and i told him it was to keep his hands warm while pushing it.he didnt care for the humor.