Bailout Letter from Airlines

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Washington Post reports that CEOs of major airlines, including FedEx and UPS air operations, are asking Congress for a few billion in exchange for not laying off employees:

https://www.airlines.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hill-Letter.pdf

I’m not clear from the letter if layoffs refer just to those in air operations. The FedEx person who signed was head of air operations.

Does anyone here or from UPS know more about this?

What I do know is that if any or all of these airlines didn't use their huge tax gifts to buyback stocks, that their plight(s) wouldn't be so severe.

floridays

What I do know is that if any or all of these airlines didn't use their huge tax gifts to buyback stocks, that their plight(s) wouldn't be so severe.
Are you sure? have you run any numbers? Exactly what are the possible outcomes of buybacks? Exactly what was the result?
Give me some of your precious time, lets explore this together. Lets find a non-partisan consensus. (Dear Lord forgive me, speaking that type of lingo makes me throw up in my mouth.)

Give me all you got blowhard.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Are you sure? have you run any numbers? Exactly what are the possible outcomes of buybacks? Exactly what was the result?
Give me some of your precious time, lets explore this together. Lets find a non-partisan consensus. (Dear Lord forgive me, speaking that type of lingo makes me throw up in my mouth.)

Give me all you got blowhard.
He knows. It comes to him in visions.

Praying all is well with you and yours!
Keep up the harassment of the bloviator!

MassWineGuy

The lovely Trump tax package was intended to encourage companies to raise wages, among other things. But the greedy basta*ds just looked after themselves.

bacha29

The Washington Post reports that CEOs of major airlines, including FedEx and UPS air operations, are asking Congress for a few billion in exchange for not laying off employees:

https://www.airlines.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Hill-Letter.pdf

I’m not clear from the letter if layoffs refer just to those in air operations. The FedEx person who signed was head of air operations.

Does anyone here or from UPS know more about this?
So they're only asking for $29 billion. Boeing alone is asking for $60 billion. Wonder how long it will take them to pay it back. One thing's for certain the people at the top won't suffer.