Balancing ups and working out

22.4 driver

How do you folks manage to balance out working st ups and working out (ifyou do exercise)? How many hours do you work at ups? Do you workout in Morning or evening ? How many days a week do you workout ? How many calories do you eat a day ? What kind of exercise do you do (cardio , barbell lifts , calisthenics , etc.) ?! Sorry for all questions I just love working out but always exhausted from work

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I like to lift packages that are heavy as I walk to the doors. Few curls with a hello fresh box always does the trick. I also lay down in peoples driveway and bench a few vacuum sealed mattress boxes, sometimes a tv also.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
How do you folks manage to balance out working st ups and working out (ifyou do exercise)? How many hours do you work at ups? Do you workout in Morning or evening ? How many days a week do you workout ? How many calories do you eat a day ? What kind of exercise do you do (cardio , barbell lifts , calisthenics , etc.) ?! Sorry for all questions I just love working out but always exhausted from work
You just have to make it fit.
Gains first. UPS last.

tenor.gif

Up In Smoke

My wife and I are at the gym every day at 4am. Typically 20 minutes of elliptical, then 60 mins of circuit training on machines and free weights. Back home by 6 for breakfast and out the door around 715. I've been a package car driver for 30+ years and have found the sweet spot in my career where I only work a couple days a week.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Calesthenics in the back of the truck on lunch+break time. If i didnt have a family id lift real weights before work.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I ran and lifted weights pretty much every day, getting it all done before work was the plan that worked for me. UPS doesn't make it easy but if it's important to you you'll figure out a way to get it done, if it's not you won't.

Up In Smoke

Calesthenics in the back of the truck on lunch+break time. If i didnt have a family id lift real weights before work.
We raised 3 girls that played every sport they could and made just about every club team. My wife and I spent 20+ years chasing across the country to watch. We had at least two of them playing college sports for 10 years, so the mornings were all we had available. You just make it work.

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife and I are at the gym every day at 4am. Typically 20 minutes of elliptical, then 60 mins of circuit training on machines and free weights. Back home by 6 for breakfast and out the door around 715. I've been a package car driver for 30+ years and have found the sweet spot in my career where I only work a couple days a week.
What the hell---do you go to bed at 3 in the afternoon? At the gym by 4 am? That is just crazy.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
What the hell---do you go to bed at 3 in the afternoon? At the gym by 4 am? That is just crazy.
It's crazy but on the days I can get to bed early, I capitalize on it.

Either way... I've done more before the sun comes up than most will do everyday.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's crazy but on the days I can get to bed early, I capitalize on it.

Either way... I've done more before the sun comes up than most will do everyday.
I'm kind of the opposite. I did more after 10 or 11 at night than most did during the day. I'm a night owl-always have been.

Poop Head

Judge me.
We raised 3 girls that played every sport they could and made just about every club team. My wife and I spent 20+ years chasing across the country to watch. We had at least two of them playing college sports for 10 years, so the mornings were all we had available. You just make it work.
My wife loses her :censored2: if i do anything for myself. Shes a very unhealthy individual. But i made my choice and live with it. For the time being.

Up In Smoke

I'm kind of the opposite. I did more after 10 or 11 at night than most did during the day. I'm a night owl-always have been.
30 Minute hot tub most every night between 830-9 and straight to bed. The wife may indulge me for 10 minutes of cardio every once in a while when neither of us can sleep!!

rod

Retired 22 years
30 Minute hot tub most every night between 830-9 and straight to bed. The wife may indulge me for 10 minutes of cardio every once in a while when neither of us can sleep!!
Tell the truth now---she don't want anything to do with your sorry ass after you have gotten her up at 3 in the morning to exercise.