Balancing ups and working out

Days

People are very dramatic. Your body adjusts to the work and you probably aren’t working as hard as you think.

iruhnman630

At one time, I did 2-a-days.

I was in the gym by 6:30, at work by 8:30, and did a 40 minute light workout on my break at the gym where my letterbox was.

The last period I did morning workouts there were three of us there in the morning.

None of us do it anymore. It is a hard schedule to keep ip.

tech209

Ups is already a gym how much more bigger do you want to get
340C1403-FB3E-4109-9E79-38F1C8DE6C3B.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My wife and I are at the gym every day at 4am. Typically 20 minutes of elliptical, then 60 mins of circuit training on machines and free weights. Back home by 6 for breakfast and out the door around 715. I've been a package car driver for 30+ years and have found the sweet spot in my career where I only work a couple days a week.
At gym at 4am = not getting any action.

ThePackageDeli

How do you folks manage to balance out working st ups and working out (ifyou do exercise)? How many hours do you work at ups? Do you workout in Morning or evening ? How many days a week do you workout ? How many calories do you eat a day ? What kind of exercise do you do (cardio , barbell lifts , calisthenics , etc.) ?! Sorry for all questions I just love working out but always exhausted from work

22.4 driver

"Elite powerlifters that worked real jobs tended to be in blue collar jobs, physically demanding and often grueling day jobs. A lot of guys would work their asses off during the week at the construction site or on a assembly line and have no gas after work to wrestle with 700-pound deadlifts. With no time or energy to train during the week, these men would eat up and rest up on Saturday and rested and revitalized, kick ass in a Sunday power session with other alpha training partners in the same lack-of-time-and-energy boat."

Facts bro i love powerlifting and I love calisthenics . I just hit legs yesterday did high rep banded squats , banded good mornings and crab walks . Gyms are still closed here .

rod

Retired 22 years
My wife loses her :censored2: if i do anything for myself. Shes a very unhealthy individual. But i made my choice and live with it. For the time being.
My wife was like that for the first 5 years we were married. Finally one summer I said "Dammit--I'm going on a fishing trip to Canada with the guys" She pissed and moaned for awhile but got over it. After a few of my trips with the guys she look forward me being gone for a week or two. The other day I told her my annual 12 day trip to the sprint car races in Iowa was cancelled I though she was going to cry. :-)

Dumbo

Sit ups are uselsss
I have to agree. You cannot spot reduce fat. So to get abs you either need to be a skinny twig, or you need to lift some barbells to build those abs. Deadlifts and barbell squats will build abs 10x faster than situps.

Think of building your biceps. Would you curl a soup can for 10000 times or would you do some heavy dumbbell curls for 8-10 reps? I'll take the dumbbells. Same goes for abs.

SLW

How do you folks manage to balance out working st ups and working out (ifyou do exercise)? How many hours do you work at ups? Do you workout in Morning or evening ? How many days a week do you workout ? How many calories do you eat a day ? What kind of exercise do you do (cardio , barbell lifts , calisthenics , etc.) ?! Sorry for all questions I just love working out but always exhausted from work
There's not enough time for much. I do all my lifting on the weekend, unless I get off before like 8 which is RARE. If I have enough time, I'll do a HIIT run (must-do at least once a week, you lose cardio ability much faster than muscle). Yoga every day I work. I'm thinking of doing Tabatas when I really have no time and want to lift, but haven't done it yet.
Honestly, I hate this part about the job. Before this, I spent 2-3 hours in the gym 5-6 days a week, and ran, biked, or swam everyday for several years. Now I can't eat enough calories and I'm getting skinny as :censored2: and my posture is suffering. Thought about personal training, but pretty glad I didn't go that route now!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Think of building your biceps. Would you curl a soup can for 10000 times or would you do some heavy dumbbell curls for 8-10 reps? I'll take the dumbbells.

Correct.

Deadlifts and barbell squats will build abs 10x faster than situps.

Incorrect. Abs are the grey area of the body. Not completely legs, not completely core, and definitely not upper body.

Those exercises you mentioned are perfect leg day exercises and will minimally hit the lower abdominal area.

For complete abs I do sit ups and flutter kicks while wearing a vest that weighs at least the equivalent of second gen RBA.

ouanling

There's not enough time for much. I do all my lifting on the weekend, unless I get off before like 8 which is RARE. If I have enough time, I'll do a HIIT run (must-do at least once a week, you lose cardio ability much faster than muscle). Yoga every day I work. I'm thinking of doing Tabatas when I really have no time and want to lift, but haven't done it yet.
Honestly, I hate this part about the job. Before this, I spent 2-3 hours in the gym 5-6 days a week, and ran, biked, or swam everyday for several years. Now I can't eat enough calories and I'm getting skinny as :censored2: and my posture is suffering. Thought about personal training, but pretty glad I didn't go that route now!

same here i used to do 3hrs a day and now 30-40m is way enough to get some muscles and keep your posture strong. You just gotta educate yourself on good exercises with good form instead of doing the regular gym stuff. Get a physiotherapist, learn how your body works. I have tons of anatomical problems and i still keep a perfect posture after driving 10hours a day with a scoliosis and a bunch of other :censored2:.

If you dont have time to learn that, just pick 4-5 exercises from athlean x for each area and follow form to the dot. Do wall angels everyday.