Ballots mailed??

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If the Ohio Rider wasn't opened....

How are you going to get any wage increases ?

Language from the Master???

The Ohio Conference is still, the most influential.

To a point.

We haven't lost any juice.

I don't agree. We still have some, but not like we did.

Any people we lost....

Were ratted out, by other "Teamster" brothers.

They weren't doing anything, that hadn't been done before.... for years.

Agreed.

But if the pay rates listed in the Ohio Rider do indeed change from the last version, I don't understand why we wouldn't be voting on it?

Nothing to vote on. The raises in the Master will supersede the Ohio Rider pay scale.

I could actually see them "updating" the pay section with the "new" rates from the Master language just to reflect what the actual pay scale will be based on the Master.

lolbr

Got my pack today. Has a nice voting guide that basically states, "There was a vote to allow a strike. If you vote no, there may be a strike." Then how to vote, by website or by phone (say or press 1 to vote yes, say or press 2 to vote no).

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Article 2 of the National Master:

Any lesser conditions contained in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum shall be superseded by the conditions contained in this Master Agreement. However, except where specifically stated oth- erwise in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement shall deprive any employee of any superior benefit contained in their Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

But if the pay rates listed in the Ohio Rider do indeed change from the last version, I don't understand why we wouldn't be voting on it?

~Bbbl~™

How would that apply to say anyone with a benefit under the now defunct Ohio Rider..?

The Inferior Ohio Rider Clerk's Pension...Does any superior benefit listed in the "Master" override the inferior "Ohio Rider Supplement language." Or is there a side agreement many moons ago that nullifies any improvements with their benefits?

Not too many of them anyway..so why bother..Right..

The "Red Circle" wage language prior to "82" was also in the Ohio Rider, how will that effect anything if the Rider is eliminated?

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I could actually see them "updating" the pay section with the "new" rates from the Master language just to reflect what the actual pay scale will be based on the Master.

That's exactly what will happen.

The Inferior Ohio Rider Clerk's Pension...

It's funny you mention that.

They were given the opportunity to vote on staying in that plan, or joining Central States.

Well, we know what happened. They chose poorly.... and regretted the decision.

How would that apply to say anyone with a benefit under the now defunct Ohio Rider..? The "Red Circle" wage language prior to "82" was also in the Ohio Rider, how will that effect anything if the Rider is eliminated?

The Ohio Rider is not defunct.

Where else would the wage rates be ? Not in the Central Region language....

The GWI is just added to the current wage rates and will be reflected in the Rider.

I'm just confused why @Bubblehead is thinking it would need to be voted on ?

-Bug-

DELACROIX

That's exactly what will happen.

It's funny you mention that.

They were given the opportunity to vote on staying in that plan, or joining Central States.

Well, we know what happened. They chose poorly.... and regretted the decision.

The Ohio Rider is not defunct.

Where else would the wage rates be ? Not in the Central Region language....

The GWI is just added to the current wage rates and will be reflected in the Rider.

I'm just confused why @Bubblehead is thinking it would need to be voted on ?

-Bug-

I have it from a real reliable source that they were "NOT" allowed to transfer to the Central States Pension Plan back in l993..Long before it's pension liability crisis. That transfer only related to those Ohio Rider Clerks in a particular local that had vested time under the Central States Plan previously.

And why not vote on the Ohio Rider we been doing it for the last 20 + years, why the change of heart? Is there another Riders, anywhere nationwide that is getting the same treatment as the Ohio Rider by not permitting the membership to vote on them?

Misinformation galore...research it out..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have it from a real reliable source that they were "NOT" allowed to transfer to the Central States Pension Plan back in l993..Long before it's pension liability crisis. That transfer only related to those Ohio Rider Clerks in a particular local that had vested time under the Central States Plan previously.

I say BS.

I listened to them cry.... for years.

The reason they voted to remain in the same plan....

Was they didn't want to be associated with the Teamster thugs in Central States.

They got what they asked for.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The raises in the Master will supersede the Ohio Rider pay scale.
Article 2 of the National Master:

Any lesser conditions contained in any Supplement, Rider or Addendum shall be superseded by the conditions contained in this Master Agreement. However, except where specifically stated oth- erwise in the Master Agreement, nothing in this Master Agreement shall deprive any employee of any superior benefit contained in their Supplement, Rider or Addendum.

~Bbbl~™
Yeah, I posted that prior to your post.
Nothing to vote on.
Is "update" a synonym for "change"?

Aren't "changes" voted on???

Because after all, if the Ohio Rider language said "pay scales will reflect those outlined in the National Master" then there would be nothing to vote on....

....but since our wages are provided for in the Ohio Rider, I believe no word should change (or be updated), since it was supposedly unopened.

Leave that eyesore to fester for 5 years, in testimony that the Ohio Rider was irresponsibly not opened in order to prevent it from being voted on.

DELACROIX

I say BS.

I listened to them cry.... for years.

The reason they voted to remain in the same plan....

Was they didn't want to be associated with the Teamster thugs in Central States.

They got what they asked for.

And why were they crying as you call it?

It hasn't been for years, more like 3 decades...

Really do you know the whole story behind this particular issue are you just parroting what has been told to you by others..

And they are continuing to get what they asked for...Right..

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yeah, I posted that prior to your post.

Yes you did.

Aren't "changes" voted on???

So you want to vote on whether or not to accept the wage increases in the Master?

I get the technicality behind that, but it ain't gonna happen.

but since our wages are provided for in the Ohio Rider, I believe no word should change (or be updated),

You're welcome to tell the Company that you refuse the wage increases in the Master and want to be paid the current rates in the Ohio Rider since it was never opened to change the hourly rates.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You're welcome to tell the Company that you refuse the wage increases in the Master and want to be paid the current rates in the Ohio Rider since it was never opened to change the hourly rates.
Actually, I'm not, but again we have already been over that?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
And why were they crying as you call it?

Because they regretted their decision or didn't bother to vote.

It hasn't been for years, more like 3 decades...

Really do you know the whole story behind this particular issue are you just parroting what has been told to you by others..

This was as recent as between 2004 or 2006.

They used to try and corner me and want something to be done about it.

And they are continuing to get what they asked for...Right..

You realize they removed the language from the Ohio Rider, because their aren't

any of those "particular" clerks left.... we still have the jobs because they were 22.2's.

-Bug-

SameRightsForAll

hoffasucks1.jpg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If the Ohio Rider wasn't opened....

How are you going to get any wage increases ?

The Ohio Conference is still, the most influential.

We haven't lost any juice.

Any people we lost....

Were ratted out, by other "Teamster" brothers.

They weren't doing anything, that hadn't been done before.... for years.

Think all the way back to Ron Carey.

What was the Conference he didn't dissolve.... Yep, the Ohio Conference.

So, he was complicit.

He understood the importance.

-Bug-

So, even though it had been going on for
years

If it was wrong just let it keep happening?

DELACROIX

Because they regretted their decision or didn't bother to vote.

This was as recent as between 2004 or 2006.

They used to try and corner me and want something to be done about it.

You realize they removed the language from the Ohio Rider, because their aren't

any of those "particular" clerks left.... we still have the jobs because they were 22.2's.

-Bug-

I just saw your response...sorry for the delay.

The "FACT" is that we still have "active particular clerks left" .. not many of them, most of them up in Local 407..

At one time there were 62, now maybe just a handful. Most of them retired with their subpar pension benefits after repeated requests for clarification or improvements that were ignored or mishandled by their negotiating committees over the decades. They were such a minority group so why bother or listen.

It is one complicated and ugly mess..the bottom result is that anybody current under their negotiated pension benefit gets 2250 a month no matter how many years worked as a full timer. Why would this particular body of our membership being singled out and the real question would be where are the monetary contributions that should of been improving their pension benefits over the last 25 years?

There was "NEVER" a vote one way or another by the "affected members" that had to do with their pension selection or benefits.

Most of those full time original clerical positions would be considered 22.2s..Some of them have been in existence for well over 40 years ..When they are vacated they are bid as 22.2s.

Again with the Ohio Rider not being open for vote..They continue to fail to address this issue. o_O

DELACROIX

They chose not to open the Ohio Rider this time.
I assume they were afraid it would get voted down multiple times again?

Proof of intent...The Ohio Rider supplement was not presented to it's membership because they knew beforehand that the final voting percentages would not be enough to ratify this contract. If the Ohio Rider was presented to membership it would be more than likely went down in big numbers and with a participation rate well over 50 %..They did not want to be bothered with a fight that they could never win..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Proof of intent...The Ohio Rider supplement was not presented to it's membership because they knew beforehand that the final voting percentages would not be enough to ratify this contract. If the Ohio Rider was presented to membership it would be more than likely went down in big numbers and with a participation rate well over 50 %..They did not want to be bothered with a fight that they could never win..

Nothing changed in the Ohio Rider.

What's to vote on ?