Bargaining for A/C in Package Cars

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I donā€™t think this should be much a concern because after AC is installed most drivers, at least those on the BC, wonā€™t use it because they say it is unnecessary and not needed.

They can feel free to leave it off. No problem.
And her we go... The cryin' begins!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1679858786131.png

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Tell me more about these new small Ram vans of which you speak.

Could they come in AWD or 4WD? šŸ¤”
Ours is front wheel drive. Not sure exactly on the size, but it's pretty small. Has one shelf on the driver's side, sliding door on passenger side. Great for airport runs, shuttling air, etc. Does well in the snow.
It's probably 5 feet tall in the back, has a bulkhead door you open by a lever. 6 inch gap along the floor and perforated with 1 inch diameter holes up top.

Still has stereo in it with Bluetooth, yow!

AKCoverMan

Ours is front wheel drive. Not sure exactly on the size, but it's pretty small. Has one shelf on the driver's side, sliding door on passenger side. Great for airport runs, shuttling air, etc. Does well in the snow.
It's probably 5 feet tall in the back, has a bulkhead door you open by a lever. 6 inch gap along the floor and perforated with 1 inch diameter holes up top.

Still has stereo in it with Bluetooth, yow!
Pics!

Does your building have any 4x4 package cars? If so how does cargo size compare? Mind is a Dodge Ram 2500 with pickup bed replaced by custom cargo compartment. Iā€™m ususally ok up to about 100ish packages, usually about perfectā€¦ but Iā€™d love to have ability to get to cargo from front.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Pics!

Does your building have any 4x4 package cars? If so how does cargo size compare? Mind is a Dodge Ram 2500 with pickup bed replaced by custom cargo compartment. Iā€™m ususally ok up to about 100ish packages, usually about perfectā€¦ but Iā€™d love to have ability to get to cargo from front.
Yes, we have two Ford's.
One with 340k miles and one with 120k. Similar set up to the Ram you have. Our sister center has one of those. I've run 80 stop routes out of one a few times. Not optimal, but can get just about anywhere.
I'll DM pics tomorrow of the van.

AKCoverMan

Yes, we have two Ford's.
One with 340k miles and one with 120k. Similar set up to the Ram you have. Our sister center has one of those. I've run 80 stop routes out of one a few times. Not optimal, but can get just about anywhere.
I'll DM pics tomorrow of the van.
I do a lot of country back roads and long private roads (aka ā€œdriveways that we DO driveā€) and for a lot of places regular package car, even small ones like P57, are not practical. But package selection in it is an acquired taste.

Had my annual ride along. Commented that many delivery methods simply donā€™t fit with working out of a 4x4.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I do a lot of country back roads and long private roads (aka ā€œdriveways that we DO driveā€) and for a lot of places regular package car, even small ones like P57, are not practical. But package selection in it is an acquired taste.

Had my annual ride along. Commented that many delivery methods simply donā€™t fit with working out of a 4x4.
Do you switch trucks in the summer or just rock the Ram all year? That's a lot of up and down thru that back door.

AKCoverMan

Do you switch trucks in the summer or just rock the Ram all year? That's a lot of up and down thru that back door.
Itā€™s less up and down than the stair master in regular package car. I started in p57 had would have to use chains on winter....not ideal but could get to most of route, Really slows you down as canā€™t do better than about 40mph or will destroy the chains. Other option is to skip some areas In the hills and go back out at end of day with 4x4 off another route. Many 9.5 grievesā€¦

Finally acquired this 4x4 this winter. Really not bad once you adjust to new ā€œmethodsā€ I make every trip into the back count lining up packages for next stops at the rear door or side Dutch door. Iā€™m not saying that I take the next few smalls up to the psgr seatā€¦Iā€™m not saying it. šŸ˜œ

Overall, on my route I feel like Iā€™ve got more energy in the Old man body by end of day working out of 4x4. Fewer climbs of ups truck steps plus usually much closer parking positions.

AKCoverMan

i donā€™t expect to switch back in summer unless we need put a 4x4 in shop. We have five 4x4 routes in our tiny center of 15 bid routes.