Basic instincts

Family

How many times have you heard the urban legend "Half of marriages end in divorce".

"So you -- you at the altar with your wife you claim to love so much -- you have a 50/50 chance you're gonna get divorced!"

NOT TRUE.

Here are the FACTS. I'm fact checking, I'm myth busting this URBAN LEGEND:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chances of divorce or marital disruption increase with the number of partners.
According to Amato, the lifetime risk of divorce is between 42 and 45 percent.
The overall likelihood of marital disruption is pushing 50 percent if you include
permanent separations that don’t end in divorce.

The percentage of people who have separated from their first marriage is:
4% for people with one partner
28% for people with two or three partners
41% for people with four to six partners
50% for people who’ve had seven or more sex partners during their lifetime.

So you have a 1 in 25 chance of getting divorced, unless you've fooled around before marriage.
It's a scientific fact that women (in particular) lose the ability to pair-bond, with every partner they add to their "body count". The effect might be similar in men, but not necessarily. Men and women are almost different species, remember.

Thebrownblob

How many times have you heard the urban legend "Half of marriages end in divorce".

"So you -- you at the altar with your wife you claim to love so much -- you have a 50/50 chance you're gonna get divorced!"

NOT TRUE.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The chances of divorce or marital disruption increase with the number of partners.
The overall likelihood of marital disruption is pushing 50 percent if you include

So you have a 1 in 25 chance of getting divorced, unless you've fooled around before marriage.
It's a scientific fact that women (in particular) lose the ability to pair-bond, with every partner they add to their "body count". The effect might be similar in men, but not necessarily. Men and women are almost different species, remember.
1700054499236.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy

NOT TRUE.

And this clearly explains why same sex marriages were allowed.
The country's lawyers needed a new revenue stream.

Commercial Inside Release

Only one flaw in that scenario... All women have had more than seven sex partners before they get married, therefore that chart is based on a ficticious scenario.

Thus... The 50%+ divorce rate.

Women that say otherwise, are just A) liars as well as sluts... Or B) liars that actually care about you, and want to shield your male ego.

Womens' entire mission in life is to find a willing host to leach off of, by any means necessary. Grow up.

vantexan

NOT TRUE.

There was a point where 75% of all first marriages ended in divorce. The overall rate was around 50%. Things may have settled down since the 80's. The thing is many young adults, full of raging hormones, often pair up with the hottest bodies they can get their hands on. As they mature they find they have little in common with their spouse and often divorce. Would be interesting to see if more traditional cultures, where marriages are often arranged by parents and a woman's virginity is highly valued, have the same issues. Been my own experience that Catholics put a great emphasis on marrying for life but often cheat on their spouses. I've lived in largely Catholic areas and it was crazy how much infidelity there was. It was kind of funny how beautiful single women wouldn't give me a second look while they were trying to secure their future but married beautiful women came on to me all the time.

Only one flaw in that scenario... All women have had more than seven sex partners before they get married, therefore that chart is based on a ficticious scenario.

Thus... The 50%+ divorce rate.

Women that say otherwise, are just A) liars as well as sluts... Or B) liars that actually care about you, and want to shield your male ego.

Womens' entire mission in life is to find a willing host to leach off of, by any means necessary. Grow up.
this is not even remotely true

vantexan

That's a bit harsh. Quite a few women want a loving relationship with a decent man who will take care of them the best they can while they have children and care for them. That it often goes wrong is because people are flawed humans.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Wow! That a very presumptive statement. Goes to show the kind of women you’re used to being around. You DO realize that there are many households where the women make more money than their men, right? I don’t dispute the fact that there ARE some women who want to leech off men, but to say it’s “women’s entire mission in life” really overstates the issue.

Wow! That a very presumptive statement. Goes to show the kind of women you’re used to being around. You DO realize that there are many households where the women make more money than their men, right? I don’t dispute the fact that there ARE some women who want to leech off men, but to say it’s “women’s entire mission in life” really overstates the issue.
l2JhExD69pB3W6b04.gif