Became a 22.4 from PT, lost a vacation.

JustDeliverIt

You shouldn't lose anything going full time. Either you took one already so it's not showing up or someone screwed up somewhere in an office. As hard as that is to believe, it happens. Let your supervisor know and get it fixed if you haven't taken a week yet. That simple.

542thruNthru

I worked at the hub for 5 years and had two vacations. I go FT and lose one of em, why?

I don't know about everywhere but here in the west your PT years get cut in half when you go full time.

You'll receive a new FT hired date. So ups now has you only working at UPS for 2 1/2 years. Find out your new date so you can keep track.

LeaveIt2Griever

FileFileFile
I don't know about everywhere but here in the west your PT years get cut in half when you go full time.

You'll receive a new FT hired date. So ups now has you only working at UPS for 2 1/2 years. Find out your new date so you can keep track.

Never heard of that... here in NorCal we have a company seniority date (from the date you were hired as a PT or otherwise) for determining how many vacations you get, and your FT seniority date for bidding routes and selecting vacation weeks.

Never heard of that... here in NorCal we have a company seniority date (from the date you were hired as a PT or otherwise) for determining how many vacations you get, and your FT seniority date for bidding routes and selecting vacation weeks.
That's how it is here but for some reason they pay out your vacation time when you go from part to full time.

542thruNthru

It's how it's always been here that I can remember in SoCal.

I had 10 years PT. My new FT date for Vacation was cut in half and I was paid out all my PT vacation hours and had to wait till my new FT seniority date to get more. I went from 4 weeks vacation to 3 and had to wait a few years till I was at 4 weeks again.

This happens to everyone in my area.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Here we can’t take any vacation for 1 year after switching from pt to ft.

You still have it you’ll just be paid out

It's how it's always been here that I can remember in SoCal.

I had 10 years PT. My new FT date for Vacation was cut in half and I was paid out all my PT vacation hours and had to wait till my new FT seniority date to get more. I went from 4 weeks vacation to 3 and had to wait a few years till I was at 4 weeks again.

This happens to everyone in my area.
Is your part time pension converted to full time?

542thruNthru

Is your part time pension converted to full time?

It's one and the same. All the years as PT count the same. We just get a lower contribution rate for our PT hours.

It's weird. I technically have 3 dates. My orginal hire date(when I get my sick days) my "new" hire date(when I get my vacation) and my Center seniority date. (The date to bid routes/vacation)

It's one and the same. All the years as PT count the same. We just get a lower contribution rate for our PT hours.

It's weird. I technically have 3 dates. My orginal hire date(when I get my sick days) my "new" hire date(when I get my vacation) and my Center seniority date. (The date to bid routes/vacation)
Our part time pension is held by the company. Our full time pension is held by the teamsters.

govols019

You smell that?
My number of vacation weeks is based off my original hire date....when I went full time in the middle of the year I still kept the vacation weeks I had picked as a part-time employee.