Beck Law

Inthegame

I would like the Teamsters to join the rest of us in the year 2013 by using the Internet and social media to keep their members informed.
The IBT has a communication dept that encourages and assists locals with all the "new" methods of communication. If your local isn't doing this, it's a local issue. Our local has been actively encouraging members to sign up for e-mail/facebook/twitter/text for three years. That said, we're only at about 25%. When info has to go out, they use the mail as they have everyones home address.
Stewards should alert members to new bb postings.

C

chuchu

You're looking for help from the NLRB over a withdrawn grievance from "several years ago"? Good luck.
Sorry, I failed to mention it's not an isolated issue.

If you only knew the complete story of what we've dealt with you'd shake your head.

I appreciate that many locals truly support the members and honestly look out for their best interests.

I can't fathom what that would be like.

C

chuchu

We have roughly 125 hourly employees in my center. Each part of the operation has their own steward and has their own PCM prior to starting their shift. It would be really easy for the steward to alert the members on his shift of a new posting on the bulletin board.

Our BA will be in the center on the 18th to conduct our pension vote. We get along quite well and I will tell him in person how I feel. As it turns out, the storm started much later than expected and I would have easily made it back before it started.
The company doesn't allow us to advertise union businless during the PCMs....unless it's to promote a yes vote.

Ouch

If you only knew the complete story of what we've dealt with you'd shake your head.

I appreciate that many locals truly support the members and honestly look out for their best interests.

Make a stand and stop putting up with It. Make some calls, contact washingto. Leave Hoffa a hundred messages. Contact the nlrb and tell them whats going on. Someone has to do something to make a difference, that someone should be you. Dont get frustrated and give up. Keep doing something about it till you get results. Surely you cant be the only one that feels as though they are getting screwed.

Inthegame

And I hope you get the answers/relief you desire, but bringing the NLRB in should be your last recourse. Have you spoken to the PO about the BA's behavior? Your PO is elected and responsible for everything that goes on. Sometimes they need input from members...

C

chuchu

Make a stand and stop putting up with It. Make some calls, contact washingto. Leave Hoffa a hundred messages. Contact the nlrb and tell them whats going on. Someone has to do something to make a difference, that someone should be you. Dont get frustrated and give up. Keep doing something about it till you get results. Surely you cant be the only one that feels as though they are getting screwed.
Thanks. We can't give up or quit. There's too many members angry with this BA and we are being forced to deal with it.

We've called the IBT Central Region Package Division and they make calls but they say their hands are tied because he's elected. The good ol boys club in our state will protect him as usual.

The NLRB seemingly is the only option left if we cant vote him out.

C

chuchu

And I hope you get the answers/relief you desire, but bringing the NLRB in should be your last recourse. Have you spoken to the PO about the BA's behavior? Your PO is elected and responsible for everything that goes on. Sometimes they need input from members...
Thanks